Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Can't log into my AVID master account (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378250)

stevengould 02-26-2016 05:39 PM

Can't log into my AVID master account

The email on file is one that I don't have access to anymore. I tried to log in regardless and got locked out. I can now not get the email to reset my account. The hard drive in my Mac crashed and I desperately need to re-download ProTools because I have a massive project I have to complete this weekend. Tried calling support at shortly after 4pm only to find out they close early on Fridays. HELP. I really need to get access to my account. If anyone is there, please let me know what I can do. Thank you.

jeffro 02-26-2016 06:45 PM

Re: Can't log into my AVID master account

Welcome to the community.

Check your PM's... you should be all set now.

matthewyane 12-16-2016 11:23 AM

I'm having the same issue could someone help me

jeffro 12-16-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewyane (Post 2401615)
I'm having the same issue could someone help me

Welcome to the community. Please check your PMs.

Jrizzo15 05-19-2017 07:58 PM

I too have this same problem. I have pro tools 9 and I want to be able to download it onto my new Mac Book pro OS sierra. But the email that I used before is my old college email so I cannot access it anymore. I also bought pro tools 9 in a store and have a different registration number compared to if I were to buy it offline. Please I need help logging into my avid master account so I can start using pro tools again.

Southsidemusic 05-19-2017 08:36 PM

Hi

You dont need access to your old email account to login to Avid. You can use whatever email ypu registered with as you dont need to email yourself anything. If you registered with the college email and password it will still work to login.

Jrizzo15 05-19-2017 08:40 PM

Appreciate the reply! I understand but the problem is that I no longer remember the password that I used. If i were to try to recover the password I wouldn't be able to.

Southsidemusic 05-19-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrizzo15 (Post 2431446)
Appreciate the reply! I understand but the problem is that I no longer remember the password that I used. If i were to try to recover the password I wouldn't be able to.

Got it. Thats a problem. I will escalate this to Avid and someone will be in touch.

Welcome to the Community :-) This will get sorted so don't worry about that.

jeffro 05-24-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrizzo15 (Post 2431443)
I too have this same problem. I have pro tools 9 and I want to be able to download it onto my new Mac Book pro OS sierra. But the email that I used before is my old college email so I cannot access it anymore. I also bought pro tools 9 in a store and have a different registration number compared to if I were to buy it offline. Please I need help logging into my avid master account so I can start using pro tools again.

I see that Arianne helped via your support case.

stockhausensyndrome 07-13-2017 10:29 AM

Hi all,

I am having the same problem as some of the users above. I have forgotten the password to my Avid account and no longer have access to that email address in order to reset it. Would someone please be able to help?

Thanks in advance!

jeffro 07-14-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stockhausensyndrome (Post 2440854)
...I have forgotten the password to my Avid account and no longer have access to that email address in order to reset it...

Responded via support case to get your info. Please check your email (inbox and junk/spam) and reply to that. Thanks.

saryhany 09-16-2017 12:34 AM

I'm also having the same problem, I can't access my account or reset my password. Can someone advise of what should i do?

jeffro 09-16-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saryhany (Post 2449716)
I'm also having the same problem, I can't access my account or reset my password. Can someone advise of what should i do?

Unlocked your account and did a password reset. Please let us know if that doesn't help.

saryhany 09-16-2017 03:10 PM

Thanks Jeffro, unfortunately i still get this message.
"We were unable to change your password. Please enter the correct current password and try again". any ideas?

jeffro 09-16-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saryhany (Post 2449766)
...unfortunately i still get this message...

Okay, will get a support case going to solve this. Please look for a case notice email in a bit. Thanks!

Andrywus 10-06-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saryhany (Post 2449716)

Same here. Help plz!

jeffro 10-08-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrywus (Post 2452833)
Same here. Help plz!

Did a password reset for you, but if that doesn't help please start a new registration support case.

Ebenepe 08-13-2018 04:21 AM

Hello,

I know this is an old thread but I am having this same problem! Lost access to the email account I used to register, and can't remember my Avid login info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jeffro 08-17-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebenepe (Post 2496701)
...Lost access to the email account I used to register, and can't remember my Avid login info...

Please look for a case update email asking for your account info. Thanks!

Jotown 08-22-2018 09:14 PM

I am having the same problem WIN 10 64 bit. I updated the iLok software and that is good. But I cannot login to my Avid Master Account. Please help.

jeffro 08-29-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jotown (Post 2497632)
I am having the same problem WIN 10 64 bit. I updated the iLok software and that is good. But I cannot login to my Avid Master Account. Please help.

Last Login shows as 8/24 so it looks like you were able to get in following this post. Everything okay now?

digorysmallz 01-09-2019 09:59 PM

I have the same issue with my account! Can't remember password cause I don't use the email anymore. Just bought a new mac and trying to download ProTools.

DigiTechSupt 01-10-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digorysmallz (Post 2512183)
I have the same issue with my account! Can't remember password cause I don't use the email anymore. Just bought a new mac and trying to download ProTools.

Hi, we can't find any avid account associated with your current Email address register on the DUC. Please update your DUC profile so we could check further. Thanks

Krilz 01-26-2019 06:38 PM

I am having the same problem would appreciate some help

jeffro 01-30-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krilz (Post 2514335)
I am having the same problem would appreciate some help

Couldn't find an account based on your email address so please contact support to provide your account info. Thanks.

zazteur 05-29-2019 10:32 AM

Hello,

Same problem here, can't log to my avid account while i'm switching computer for my new studio. I bought pro tools a loooong time ago. I would apreciate some help.

Thx a lot,
Antoine

jeffro 05-29-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zazteur (Post 2527717)
Hello,

Same problem here, can't log to my avid account while i'm switching computer for my new studio. I bought pro tools a loooong time ago. I would apreciate some help.

Thx a lot,
Antoine

Account was auto-locked following repeated attempts. Unlocked now so please try again and let us know the results.

M Taylor 05-31-2019 04:02 PM

Hi,
I’m also having this problem too, I have tried changing password to Avid Master Account multiple times, but still can’t get access.

Thanks,

Martyn

jeffro 05-31-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Taylor (Post 2528021)
Hi,
I’m also having this problem too, I have tried changing password to Avid Master Account multiple times, but still can’t get access.

Thanks,

Martyn

Account auto-locked from too many failed attempts. Will get you a temp password - pls check your email in a bit...

S_t_a_n_l_e_y 08-18-2019 12:20 PM

I'm also having this problem. The email address I used to sign up for my Avid account is my old .edu address from college. I no longer have access to this email account. I requested a password reset for my Avid account, and I got the link (apparently my old .edu is still forwarding to my current email address) but the reset request seemed to fail. Possibly my Avid account was already locked from too many failed login attempts. Is it possible to update my Avid account to my personal email? Any help is much appreciated.

DigiTechSupt 08-18-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_t_a_n_l_e_y (Post 2535752)
I'm also having this problem. The email address I used to sign up for my Avid account is my old .edu address from college. I no longer have access to this email account. I requested a password reset for my Avid account, and I got the link (apparently my old .edu is still forwarding to my current email address) but the reset request seemed to fail. Possibly my Avid account was already locked from too many failed login attempts. Is it possible to update my Avid account to my personal email? Any help is much appreciated.

Hi, we can't find any Avid Account connected to your current Email registered on the duc. Also, Email addresses registered under your name also are not connected to any Avid Account. Can you update your Email inside your profile or send us a message with your current Avid Account Email so we could check further?

Thanks,
Tope

S_t_a_n_l_e_y 08-19-2019 04:42 PM

Hi, yes I can send you a message with my current Avid Account Email. Doesn't looks like I can send you a private message though – how do I go about sending this to you? Thanks

Praduct 09-22-2019 10:58 AM

Hello all! I am having the same issue. I purchased an PT license earlier this year in January. Now , for some reason, when I try to log in using my same old password and email address, I get a message saying I cannot be logged in. When I try to reset my password, it tells me the system cannot do so.
All I really need to do is log in and transfer a PT license.

Please help.