Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies??? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=333647)

albee1952 01-22-2013 06:43 PM

Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Everybody see these yet?
http://www.lindellaudio.se/index.php/7x-500/
compressor, "Pultec" EQ and mic pre with EQ. $299 each:eek:
My compressor arrived today and I will post about it after giving it some real-world use. Initial testing is promising, but it does seem very "hot" at the input(the input knob hits threshold at around 9 o'clock with a normal signal from my Music Man bass). But it does fatten it up, and the wet/dry mix is quite interesting:D

Emcha_audio 01-22-2013 07:49 PM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
I had read about it, seems interesting.

For my part, I'm thinking of doing a bit of soldering in the next few weeks :D

Thinking of doing a pair of the FET Compressor Rev A Bundle With Blackface Enclosure, and a pair of the FET Compressor Rev G Bundle with Blackface Enclosure. Maybe also one of these babies.. Universal Audio (Teletronix) La2a Compressor.

sunburst79 01-22-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Subscribed as they like to say.

sunburst79 01-22-2013 08:05 PM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 2000041)
I had read about it, seems interesting.

For my part, I'm thinking of doing a bit of soldering in the next few weeks :D

Thinking of doing a pair of the FET Compressor Rev A Bundle With Blackface Enclosure, and a pair of the FET Compressor Rev G Bundle with Blackface Enclosure. Maybe also one of these babies.. Universal Audio (Teletronix) La2a Compressor.

Those kits are nicely priced! I want to know how those Comps turn out.

Emcha_audio 01-22-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunburst79 (Post 2000052)
Those kits are nicely priced! I want to know how those Comps turn out.

Will do, you do have to order out some piece that they don't have, but they have the list of that and generally its only about 100 more than the kit price. But still 500 vs 2000 math is easy to do hehe.

ejwells 01-23-2013 03:51 PM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Subscribed. Also curious about the outcome of those Hairballs, and Albees take on the Lindell stuff.

guitardom 01-23-2013 09:16 PM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
hey guys, i dont think he is posting it on here, but my buddy third eye studios on here is building an la2a clone now. its not point to point as the one linked here, cant remember which clone version. i will send him a text and try to get him to update some info. i am quite interested as well in doing something like this. a bit intimidating though!!

John_Toolbox 01-24-2013 06:46 AM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Oh geez, more projects... Just what I need.... :eek:
But i will also definitely be watching this thread.

sunburst79 01-24-2013 08:55 AM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Toolbox (Post 2000411)
Oh geez, more projects... Just what I need.... :eek:
But i will also definitely be watching this thread.

You could build one into a 888 case with some touch sensitive strips replacing the LED metering.:D

Third Eye Studios 01-28-2013 08:11 AM

Re: Lindell Audio lunchbox goodies???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2000348)
hey guys, i dont think he is posting it on here, but my buddy third eye studios on here is building an la2a clone now. its not point to point as the one linked here, cant remember which clone version. i will send him a text and try to get him to update some info. i am quite interested as well in doing something like this. a bit intimidating though!!

We are working on the Drip Opto 4, which is a LA2A clone. We are getting pretty close and might actually have it finished up this week. We are posting a few pictures and pics on our facebook page. Here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/thirdeyestudios?ref=ts. I'm not actually doing the soldering, my tech buddy Jamey is, and it's turning out great!! All in all it will be about $1200 or so, a little more expensive than it says on the Drip site, but for a LA2A with Dual T4s (slow and fast), it's a bargain!!

I'm looking hard at those Lindell Kits too. The "pultec" eq looks awesome. We might do a stereo pair of the Drip pultec clones too. Hopefully this year!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com