Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   In PT 7.0 meters are acting weird!!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=154687)

Mark The Frog 12-13-2005 01:09 AM

In PT 7.0 meters are acting weird!!!!

Hey everyone!
I upgraded to PT 7,0.

All is well, except one minor thing:
When I open a session and start playing back the tracks the meters that have no volume increase or audio( flat waveform)
show that there is signal being played... but it's irregular. Like if it was glitter.

But when you solo that precise track there is no sound or noise present!
(To be clear let's say the drums are playing on one track and the bass is silent on another, I still get signal from the meters from the bass track altough there is no signal or waveform playing.)

It's like if the tracks that have audio playing are creating leakage in the track
that are silent but without actual audio being played back.
Basicaly I've got a metering problem...
If I switch to pre-fader metering the problem get's solved.

So I was wondering if someone has got the same problem.

My specs:
G4 Quicksilver Dual 1ghz processor (I know it's not supported...)
1 Gig of Memory
002Rack
Behringer BCF2000

Thank You
Mark

Squint Music 12-13-2005 02:14 AM

Re: In PT 7.0 meters are acting weird!!!!

Yeah I've posted about this problem a couple of times but nobody else seems to have it!

It's very annoying cos it also "adds" to meter readings where there IS audio and makes it peak when it actually isn't peaking!

I'm using PT 7 with OSX 10.4.3. (it happened in 10.4.2 too) n a Dual 1.8 G5 1st gen with 2.5 G RAM. What OS are you using Mark?

Wes

Loudnoize Ent. 12-13-2005 03:10 AM

Mark & Wes, are you also getting this weird metering issue when there is no region on any given track and the meter(s) just flicker away? Also, does it seem to be worst when instantiating different type plug-ins (Digi's vs. any 3rd party) on that particular track?

Thanks...

HotRats 12-13-2005 05:43 AM

I've got the same problem and I kown another user with the same problem
p7.0 (of course), PIV win xp home.

I'll try to run a session without plug-ins.

Squint Music 12-13-2005 05:45 AM

Quote:

Mark & Wes, are you also getting this weird metering issue when there is no region on any given track and the meter(s) just flicker away? Also, does it seem to be worst when instantiating different type plug-ins (Digi's vs. any 3rd party) on that particular track?

Thanks...

Yes I still get the problem even when there is no audio region on the track but I'm not sure about whether different plugins cause the problem to become worse....ill have to look into it. I'm definately sure ive seen the problem with just a digi plug in on the track and im also pretty sure that ive had the problem with NO plug ins on the particular track.

I will make some notes next time it happens about what plug ins ive got going.

Cheers,
Wes

slicerecords 12-13-2005 05:54 AM

I'm having the same problem. It only seems to happen when my Playback Engine is set to 2 Processors. Once I switch to 1 processor the problem goes away.

I'm on a G5 Dual-2.5.

peace,
dc

DigiTechSupt 12-14-2005 10:33 AM

We are aware of this and will be addressing it in an update to Pro Tools.

DigiTechSupt 12-14-2005 04:14 PM

And that update is now available!

http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/

Mark The Frog 12-15-2005 12:37 PM

Yeah!!!!!
Digi to the rescue!

Thanks!

Mark

davidp158 01-03-2006 09:32 AM

PT 7.0 with Quicksilver???

Mark,

I read your post and saw that you're using PTLE 7 with a Quicksilver Mac and an 002r. How is it running? I have a Quicksilver dual GHz Mac and 002, but wondering if its safe to try PTLE 7 with this machine. Others have reported major file corruption problems, and I'm not sure I can afford to risk that.

Can you describe your experiences with your set up, and what sort of files and plug ins you are using?

thanks for your time,
Dave

Quote:

Hey everyone!
I upgraded to PT 7,0.

All is well, except one minor thing:
When I open a session and start playing back the tracks the meters that have no volume increase or audio( flat waveform)
show that there is signal being played... but it's irregular. Like if it was glitter.

But when you solo that precise track there is no sound or noise present!
(To be clear let's say the drums are playing on one track and the bass is silent on another, I still get signal from the meters from the bass track altough there is no signal or waveform playing.)

It's like if the tracks that have audio playing are creating leakage in the track
that are silent but without actual audio being played back.
Basicaly I've got a metering problem...
If I switch to pre-fader metering the problem get's solved.

So I was wondering if someone has got the same problem.

My specs:
G4 Quicksilver Dual 1ghz processor (I know it's not supported...)
1 Gig of Memory
002Rack
Behringer BCF2000

Thank You
Mark