Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Off Line Bounce Time Wrong (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=375062)

alk3997 12-04-2015 06:24 PM

Off Line Bounce Time Wrong

Using 12.3.1.260 HD Native (Windows 7), I have one session that I want about 5 seconds of silence at the end of the track. With a real-time bounce that works. With the offline bounce it seems Pro Tools is only going up to the end of the actual sound and leaving out the silence.

Any ideas? I don't remember this being a problem in the previous 12.x versions.

Has anyone else noticed that while the offline bounce is "bouncing", the static total track time is wrong? I understand that the completed time moves faster than real time but I can't imagine why the total amount of time for the track would be wrong. Again, I hadn't noticed this on previous Pro Tools 12.x versions.

Any hints are appreciated.

Andy

Drew Mazurek 12-05-2015 04:04 AM

Re: Off Line Bounce Time Wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by alk3997 (Post 2316851)
Using 12.3.1.260 HD Native (Windows 7), I have one session that I want about 5 seconds of silence at the end of the track. With a real-time bounce that works. With the offline bounce it seems Pro Tools is only going up to the end of the actual sound and leaving out the silence.

Any ideas? I don't remember this being a problem in the previous 12.x versions.

Has anyone else noticed that while the offline bounce is "bouncing", the static total track time is wrong? I understand that the completed time moves faster than real time but I can't imagine why the total amount of time for the track would be wrong. Again, I hadn't noticed this on previous Pro Tools 12.x versions.

Any hints are appreciated.

Andy

and you've got a selection made in the timeline?

alk3997 12-05-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2316917)
and you've got a selection made in the timeline?

No, no selection. Just using the entire timeline.

This is consistent with what I've done in the past back through version 9. I also took a look at a session that I've been updating through the different 12.x revisions and the length gets shorter with the latest Pro Tools release.

Andy

Wall2Wall 12-05-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alk3997 (Post 2316963)
No, no selection. Just using the entire timeline.

This is consistent with what I've done in the past back through version 9. I also took a look at a session that I've been updating through the different 12.x revisions and the length gets shorter with the latest Pro Tools release.

Andy

Did u "Highlight" the length of the bounce you want? ie: If you want it to end 5 seconds later. Highlight from 0 to 5 seconds after the last object at the end.

Drew Mazurek 12-05-2015 11:02 AM

Offline Bounce uses a level threshold to determine when to stop when you don't make a selection.

alk3997 12-06-2015 05:16 PM

Drew, thank you. OK, that helps. I don't suppose an automation marker will keep it going to the spot of the marker?

Andy

Drew Mazurek 12-07-2015 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alk3997 (Post 2317289)
Drew, thank you. OK, that helps. I don't suppose an automation marker will keep it going to the spot of the marker?

Andy

Simply make a selection. I do this for every session and store it as a memory location. Then whenever I need to output the mix, I recall the memory location and print.

weezul 12-07-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2317352)
Simply make a selection. I do this for every session and store it as a memory location. Then whenever I need to output the mix, I recall the memory location and print.

DAMN. Good idea. I use two markers for start and end, and then annoyingly have to re-drag every time!

john1192 12-07-2015 09:21 AM

drew beat me to it ... use Memory Locations and Save as Selection ... i call them bar 1-100 for example ..

Drew Mazurek 12-07-2015 09:33 AM

Mine is stored as Loc #99 in EVERY session I've done for last 20 years.