Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   No Eleven Rack Control Window With Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341779)

turbolx5oh 07-14-2013 09:52 AM

No Eleven Rack Control Window With Pro Tools 11

Just got an Eleven Rack with ProTools 11 and I'm running Windows 8. When I open ProTools, it connects to the 11R and I can change the presets from ProTools but under the "Windows" menu of ProTools the "Eleven Rack" option is grayed out. I've downloaded and installed the latest driver from Avid (1.1.6) but still nothing. I also found a thread that suggested that I may need to update my sound card driver and I did that as well. Eleven Rack is check in the MIDI devices as well. Still nothing. Anyone have suggestions?

turbolx5oh 07-14-2013 11:07 AM

Re: No Eleven Rack Control Window With ProTools 11

Also just uninstalled Pro Tools and the avid drivers, rebooted, installed Pro Tools and the Avid Driver, plugged in the 11R, powered it on, waited for the device to be recognized by windows and then launched Pro Tools. No difference.

Very frustrating...

Bruce Paine 07-14-2013 12:16 PM

The Eleven Rack control window is not available in the initial release of Pro Tools 11 (on both Windows and Mac OS), but Avid is definitely still working on it. In the meantime, you would need to co-install Pro Tools 10.3.6 with Pro Tools 11, and use Pro Tools 10 to access that window.

From the Pro Tools 11.0 Read Me:
Quote:

Eleven Rack Guitar Window not available in Pro Tools 11 (PTSW-184398)
Pro Tools 11 does not provide the Guitar Window for Eleven Rack that is available in lower versions of Pro Tools.

turbolx5oh 07-14-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Paine (Post 2062698)
The Eleven Rack control window is not available in the initial release of Pro Tools 11 (on both Windows and Mac OS), but Avid is definitely still working on it. In the meantime, you would need to co-install Pro Tools 10.3.6 with Pro Tools 11, and use Pro Tools 10 to access that window.

From the Pro Tools 11.0 Read Me:

Thanks for the response. Just installed 10.3 and it seems to be working fine now.

Again, much appreciated. I was about to throw my laptop or the 11r out the window!

Benoni 07-14-2013 12:34 PM

Yeah bro, as Bruce said, there is no 11R editor window in PT11 at this time. This was announced months before PT11 was released.

However, you do still have the Mini Window that will let you change rigs and a few other thing.

If you want the on-screen editor, you will have to use PT10.3.6 for now while we wait and see what Avid does for PT11.

If you need help co-installing 10.3.6, just post back.

Benoni 07-14-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbolx5oh (Post 2062703)
Thanks for the response. Just installed 10.3 and it seems to be working fine now.

Again, much appreciated. I was about to throw my laptop or the 11r out the window!

Good to hear.

If you are new to the 11R, be sure to check out all the free user presets available at:

www.ElevenRackPresets.com

and on my 11R blog at:
http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com

You will also find several 11R tutorials on my Youtube Channel and there are several on the Avid site as well.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/elev...port#Tutorials

have fun. :cool:

mikefont 07-16-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Paine (Post 2062698)
The Eleven Rack control window is not available in the initial release of Pro Tools 11 (on both Windows and Mac OS), but Avid is definitely still working on it.

Ahem....I've heard that one before....:(

I for one will wait and see before I upgrade to PT11, as I'll "believe it when I see it" since it is apparent to me that Avid no longer has any interest in supporting the 11R. Which is truly a shame, since it is such a wonderful product!!!!!!!!!

Heck, it's bad enough that we never got a stand alone editor, but then they DON'T INCLUDE the control window in PT11????:mad: I just dont get that one!:confused: The writing is on the wall I guess.....

blairskie 07-20-2013 03:33 PM

Re: No Eleven Rack Control Window With Pro Tools 11

hey guys im in the same boat as you, except i have no clue how to get pro tools 10.3.6. I tried but is said the file could not be found. very frustrating
if anyone could lend a hand it would be much appreciated

Darryl Ramm 07-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blairskie (Post 2064870)
hey guys im in the same boat as you, except i have no clue how to get pro tools 10.3.6. I tried but is said the file could not be found. very frustrating
if anyone could lend a hand it would be much appreciated

You download the 10.3.6 installer from Avid's Web site at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-3-6-Downloads. What software exactly "said" the file could not be found? What exactly were you doing/running? And what exact file do you mean?

You need to describe things clearly and in enough technical detail so people here can understand exactly what you are doing. The level of detail needed is described in the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page.

Mimical 01-01-2014 10:27 AM

I got the same problem. I'm using a new MacBook Pro with OS 10.9 Mavericks, so it might not be advisable for me to co-install Pro Tools 10.3.6 with Pro Tools 11, and use Pro Tools 10 to access that window.
I've been waiting for some time now for Avid to upgrade. I got Pro Tolls 10 before but that's still not compatible with OS 10.9 Mavericks, so I upgraded to Pro Tools 11.1, and now I have to wait again! :rolleyes: