Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pro Tools 2019 ! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403079)

xrekcor 01-24-2019 05:08 PM

Re: Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin1524 (Post 2513950)
How about...
  • Support for VST, VST3 and AU plugins like Studio One has
  • Import/Export to more audio formats such as FLAC and ACC like Studio one has
  • Two separate buffers for input and output like Studio One has
  • Ability to set input buffer down as low as 16 samples like Studio One has
  • Melodyne ARA integration
  • Ability to use VST/VST3/AU plugins like Studio One has
  • Scale timeline by click holding and moving up/down like Studio One has
  • Packing tracks into folders like Studio One has
  • Built-In Project/CD Burning like Studio One has
  • Complex routing to VIs and plugins like Studio One has
  • Better, clearer, fatter metering of inputs and outputs like Studio One has
  • Install on up to 5 computers Mac/PC with same license, no subscription fee like Studio One has.
  • Bug fixes free, pay for major upgrades like Studio One has
  • Great communication with customers, like Presonus has
  • Chordtrack/detection like Studio One has
  • Scratchpad like Studio One has
  • Many, many more innovative features like what Studio One has.
  • Super stable and fast launching. Studio One wins!
  • Integration with Waves Soundgrid and/or SG versions of all Avid plugins
  • While we're at it, VST3/AU versions of all Avid plugins and VIs so we can use them in other DAWs.

Seeing how none of these is likely to happen why do I continue my Ultimate subscription? LOL @ voice packs. Packed with features NOT.

Coz PT has none of the issues Studio One has that you have listed :D

Jay_uk 01-24-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabbencutter (Post 2513928)
Community: "WE WANT FOLDER TRACKS!"
AVID:"You want MORE TRACKS? Awesome, here you go!"

Avid...choose a suite of cards "Hearts-Diamond-Clubs-Spades"
OK..i choose Hearts.
Avid... great, that leaves you with "Diamond-Clubs-Spades" now choose another: go on any card you wish.
OK..i choose Diamonds.
Avid... boy your good, that leaves you with "Clubs-Spades" now choose another: go on any card you wish. :D

DontLetMeDrown 01-24-2019 06:25 PM

Voice packs? If that means my 200-channel composition template no longer opens until I buy a voice pack, I will not be happy and may have to consider a DAW switch. Voice pack better not cost more than a Studio one upgrade. (I have V2 already). Unbelievable in 2019. I’ll be talking with them about this tomorrow at NAMM.

JCBigler 01-24-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown (Post 2514001)
Voice packs? If that means my 200-channel composition template no longer opens until I buy a voice pack, I will not be happy and may have to consider a DAW switch. Voice pack better not cost more than a Studio one upgrade. (I have V2 already)

If you are already using 200 voices on vanilla or Ultimate, then you won't need a voice pack. The voice packs gets your native based Ultimate system from 256 voices at 48k, to 384 voices at 48k. If you have an HDX system, then the voice count increases with each HDX card you have, up to a total of 1152 voices.

If you're just on vanilla, then I guess there's no option for a voice pack increase. Which limits you to...128?

TrackerLe 01-24-2019 10:08 PM

Wow, just wow... (First, i thought; Is today the 1. April?)

Voice Packs? Really... What is wrong with Avid... We pay 400 Dollars every year to get updates. Now Avid found a new way to grab cash...In App Purchases...like Voice Packs. What comes next? The number Session Plays will be limited and you have to pay for more playback slots... :-)

What is Avid thinking...What is the strategy behind this...

mattrixx 01-24-2019 11:47 PM

Although I won't need one of these so called "voice packs", I too think that the extortion plans are absolutely ridiculous, as many people have mentioned here already.
It sounds like the marketing department are being more creative than the development team.

I mean, did they really think that this was going to be a good idea.

Protootr 01-25-2019 12:23 AM

I think Avid just had to rewrite the Playback Engine first to make other great features possible later this year. Rewriting the engine must have been a big task so they didn’t have any resources to create requested features. A big side-effect of the new engine is that PT can now handle more voices. So that’s what we're getting as a new feature for now.

Im in Denial ofcourse. This is just one big moment of wishful thinking on my part, even though I should know better by now :D

The features I would really like to see are:
  • Folders in the clip list
  • ARA2 support (especially for Melodyne)
  • Better Elastic Audio algorithms and third party algorithm support
  • More MIDI features like MIDI effect plugins plus a good arpeggiator
  • Track folders

EDIT: Come to think of it. If this previewed update comes somewhere in Q1 (which will probably be march), we'll have to wait for at least June to maybe see any of these features. That's a depressing thought!!

deanrichard 01-25-2019 12:34 AM

Well, I just tried Samplitude and it will only let me create 999 tracks. And someone wrote that Reaper is limited to 4096 tracks. So I guess they do have limits, just very high and arbitrary ones.

The idea of offering 1152 tracks, but no track folders, is mind-boggling to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsexton (Post 2513989)
None!

This has to be the biggest money grab "feature" yet...

Evil Jack 01-25-2019 01:37 AM

Didn't they rewrite the whole audio engine for PT11?
Not THAT long ago....

clausiii 01-25-2019 01:54 AM

Who said that the DAE has been rewritten? Can‘t find that information.