Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pro Tools 2019 ! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403079)

YYR123 04-15-2019 09:16 AM

Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

This thread is currently trash it has devolved into trash

Akiz 04-15-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertDorn (Post 2522206)

Feel almost like theft and doesn’t do anything good to customers who put their trust in a company.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

To be more precise, i would call it a fraud. They took the money and didn't deliver. Plain and simple! A crappy Avid Link app, a virtual instrument (Falcon), a worthless plugin and most recently an interview, do NOT justify the annual fee at all....or it does????? Seriously???

Today i had a client and while we're listening to the mix, playback suddenly stopped and the popup window with this -9173 error appeared on our faces. Guess what....the client looked at me and asked why i stopped the playback? I replied that i didn't and that there is a bug blah blah blah (we all know the drill)...
He politely grinned and said:"...and you pay a subscription fee for that POS?" :mad:
So embarrassing...

Cheers!

Southsidemusic 04-15-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertDorn (Post 2522206)
But is it acceptable/should paying customer support users accept it?

They did’t do Mojave support in 2018.12
They didn’t release a 10.14 compatible 2019.1
And also their promised Q1 2019 didn’t make it

It even got worse when we had to discover through Pro Tools Expert that the reason for this is their museum piece HDX. So if you’re on a Pro Tools Ultimate support plan without HD hardware, you’re funding the R&D for their vintage tech hardware. While not getting an up to date compatible release at the same time.

Feel almost like theft and doesn’t do anything good to customers who put their trust in a company.

You have already said all this atleast 3 times or more in this thread so lets move on and see what happens in may. Thank you!

RobertDorn 04-15-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2522213)
You have already said all this atleast 3 times or more in this thread so lets move on and see what happens in may. Thank you!

Why not close this thread anyhow. It’s about a non existing pro tools version announced ‘coming soon’ January 24th by avid.

Or let’s just discuss the weather in this this thread

How’s the weather over there?:-)

[emoji1308]

TVPostSound 04-15-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2522124)
Maybe such company wouldn't have resources to build, support and develop hardware such as S6 and HDX which are essential for their top spending customers?

Since introduction of Pro Control (1998) the software has been all about integration with pro mixing controllers. Just to be safe, let's say PT5 and two decades, it has been more or less development with controller first.

Nobody else comes even close, which is why PT is the industry standard software. Even if they used the DigiDesign brand until "purple" PT9 -- in reality Avid acquired the company in 1995 and I believe the first big thing they wanted to do was the controller.

But please correct me if I'm wrong :D

The first big thing was dumping Avid AudioVision in favor of Protools, instead of integrating them. Big mistake!

In reality Avid was Digidesign's biggest customer, it was financially beneficial to acquire it.

tclash 04-15-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertDorn (Post 2522216)
How’s the weather over there?:-)

The sky is certainly showing no threat of raining Pro Tools updates.

Southsidemusic 04-15-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tclash (Post 2522249)

LOL

That was a good one :D

SDDP 04-15-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tclash (Post 2522249)

I laughed so hard, I just pulled a muscle in my back :mad:

john1192 04-15-2019 07:16 PM

i pissed my depends ..

aside 04-16-2019 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiz (Post 2522212)
Today i had a client and while we're listening to the mix, playback suddenly stopped and the popup window with this -9173 error appeared on our faces.

Yep I've had the same thing a few dozen times this year alone. It's bad enough when it's just me... but with a paying customer :mad:

I have some breaking news though - someone at AVID support told me the new version should be out, wait for it... soon. So there you go, all our problems are over soon. Oh and after 3 months on the one support ticket and no solution (because the issue is their software) - "At this point, I think it might as well be your Mac."

I know this thread has turned into a pissing match, but things like this are the reason why. We're angry and frustrated. And angry. And mad. I love Pro Tools when it works, but now have such disdain and a lack of faith in AVID as a company that I'm thinking of going back to 2".