Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   "Missing PACE Authorization" error when I lose Wi-Fi connection (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400803)

hill1006 08-28-2018 07:31 PM

"Missing PACE Authorization" error when I lose Wi-Fi connection

I get the error message: Missing PACE authorization. But it happens only when I lose Wi-Fi connection. Does Pro Tooks require a constant internet connection?

Any help in eliminating this annoying message would be appreciated!

amagras 08-28-2018 08:55 PM

Re: Missing PACE Authorization for Pro Tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill1006 (Post 2498084)
I get the error message: Missing PACE authorization. But it happens only when I lose Wi-Fi connection. Does Pro Tooks require a constant internet connection?

Any help in eliminating this annoying message would be appreciated!

Make sure your PT is not activated in the cloud instead of the ilok

hill1006 08-29-2018 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. So iLok shows that PT is activated in the cloud only. I have attached a screen from iLok. How can I activate it on my local machine?

amagras 08-29-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill1006 (Post 2498120)
Thanks. So iLok shows that PT is activated in the cloud only. I have attached a screen from iLok. How can I activate it on my local machine?

Right click>deactivate
Right click>activate
Select ilok this time

hill1006 08-29-2018 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried dragging my PT license onto my PC location on the left-hand side of the iLok manager window, and got a message saying the only valid locations are iLok (2nd generation) and cloud. What gives?

jeffro 08-29-2018 09:16 AM

Re: "Missing PACE Authorization" error when I lose Wi-Fi connection

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill1006 (Post 2498084)
Does Pro Tooks require a constant internet connection?

If you have your license in iLok Cloud, yes. See the iLok Cloud FAQ.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hill1006 (Post 2498120)
...How can I activate it on my local machine?

Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate licenses can be activated to an iLok (2nd or 3rd gen) or iLok Cloud.

hill1006 08-29-2018 09:17 AM

I can't deactivate it because that choice is grayed out as long as I have closed the cloud session. When I open a cloud session and try it, it tells me I can't deactivate individually because it's activate for the cloud and I have to close the cloud session.

Between a rock and a hard place.

jeffro 08-29-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hill1006 (Post 2498130)
I can't deactivate it because that choice is grayed out as long as I have closed the cloud session. When I open a cloud session and try it, it tells me I can't deactivate individually because it's activate for the cloud and I have to close the cloud session.

Between a rock and a hard place.

Your license needs to be in iLok Cloud or on an iLok 2/3. Since your screenshot doesn't list an iLok, you'll need to Open Cloud Session (in iLok License Manager) and keep your internet connection enabled. To run Pro Tools with internet disabled you'll need an iLok.

albee1952 08-29-2018 03:13 PM

Indeed. My best advice is; Buy an iLok 2 or 3 and put all your licenses on it. The cloud method isn't worth beans if you don't have a totally bulletproof internet connection. My 2 cents; iLok completely dropped the ball on this. They should have made it so once PT was open, it would stop calling the cloud until the next start.

hill1006 08-29-2018 06:57 PM

Thanks, Jeff and Dave. I now understand the situation. I definitely need an iLok device, because here in Thailand my internet connection is dubious at best. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get an iLok shipped to Thailand. Maybe they are available locally--I hope so.

Thanks to all for your help!