Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Guess what’s on my t-shirt!!! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405884)

xrekcor 08-08-2019 04:41 AM

Guess what’s on my t-shirt!!!

Ok since this is general chat..... And.... I may or may not have had a couple of cold ones.... this seemed like a bit of fun..... can any of you guess what is the image on my t-shirt (in the lil pic to the left)

Ben Jenssen 08-08-2019 05:09 AM

Re: Guess what’s on my t-shirt!!!

I'll have a go; I'm guessing it's Australia - or, a glowing piece of sh*t.

musicman691 08-08-2019 05:16 AM

Bleeped if I know - it's too small to make out what's on there.

xrekcor 08-08-2019 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2534901)
.......a glowing piece of sh*t.

Hehehe now that’s funny

YYR123 08-08-2019 07:54 AM

It’s the head of one of the characters in Super Mario Brothers

amagras 08-08-2019 08:05 AM

Daddy shark

xrekcor 08-08-2019 02:35 PM

interesting keep'em coming fellas and fellettes and all will be revealed

xrekcor 08-08-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2534915)
Daddy shark

you guys have bears we have sharks..... how about all you guys move to Oz and well send all the sharks up there.....

musicman691 08-08-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534956)
you guys have bears we have sharks..... how about all you guys move to Oz and well send all the sharks up there.....

The sharks have been here on the US East Coast for a while now - a number of people have been attacked & bitten. I have a cousin who just retired from the New Jersey State Police and he used to pull what they called 'bear duty' where he was on call 24/7 in case of bear sightings where they shouldn't be.

xrekcor 08-08-2019 04:09 PM

we have had 4-5 maybe 6 deaths or people taken and a few more badly injured (mostly surfies) over the last half doz or so years within 80kms of Byron Bay. I don't swim too much in the open ocean these days you get packs of them herding fish to shore and then they plough on through with open mouths. when most attacks happen it is usually around dawn and dusk.... not a way I would prefer to go... then we have these tiny almost invisible jellyfish about the size of your lil fingers finger nail that can and will kill you too.... more up the coast in northern Queensland than here but nasty stuff. the further north you go the worst it gets.... as crocodiles get involved hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2534971)
The sharks have been here on the US East Coast for a while now - a number of people have been attacked & bitten. I have a cousin who just retired from the New Jersey State Police and he used to pull what they called 'bear duty' where he was on call 24/7 in case of bear sightings where they shouldn't be.

xrekcor 08-08-2019 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wol-lah

amagras 08-08-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534956)

Oh, we became Oz a while back, now you can even order those eyes on the mail [emoji846]

Southsidemusic 08-08-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2534972)
we have had 4-5 maybe 6 deaths or people taken and a few more badly injured (mostly surfies) over the last half doz or so years within 80kms of Byron Bay. I don't swim too much in the open ocean these days you get packs of them herding fish to shore and then they plough on through with open mouths. when most attacks happen it is usually around dawn and dusk.... not a way I would prefer to go... then we have these tiny almost invisible jellyfish about the size of your lil fingers finger nail that can and will kill you too.... more up the coast in northern Queensland than here but nasty stuff. the further north you go the worst it gets.... as crocodiles get involved hahaha

And snakes and Red backs and a host of other spiders and nasty critters so 9 out of the the 10 most poison creepy crawlies are found in Australia ... Good Times!!

Even the house spiders are larger than a normal mans hand ... yayyyy !!!

xrekcor 08-08-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2535011)
Even the house spiders are larger than a normal mans hand ... yayyyy !!!

Arrrrgh those big old hairy things the Huntsman is of the tarantula family. They’re pretty harmless I woke once to one crawling over my face :eek:..... I nearly hit the freak’n roof...... They cured my arachnophobia.... I was pulling twigs out of the front of my 4x4 once when one twig happened to be attached to a rather large huntsman.... I seen them in a mates farmhouse out west as big as a dinner plate.... they can bite can make some folks a bit crook... but it’s more the size of the fangs like cats claws.

Southsidemusic 08-08-2019 10:37 PM

Holy Deity!!!

I would defecate myself if I just saw one IRL as I am scared to death by spiders.

Oh you have scorpions too there which can kill you right? Mmmm nice and peaceful life ... i would stay in a full service luxury highrise overlooking the Sidney bridge and have people go shopping for me so I don’t have to tend to a garage or a lawn with a shed of death in the corner of my backyard :D

But aside from all that wants to kill you Aussie is a beautiful very nice part of the world and if there wasn’t soo much deadly stuff on land and in the water I would probably get a house there to escape our horrible winters when there is summer in AU ;)

JFreak 08-08-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2535022)
I would probably get a house there to escape our horrible winters when there is summer in AU ;)

Try New Zealand dude, I've heard lots of swedes go there for winter :D

xrekcor 08-08-2019 11:09 PM

Yup we have scorpions prolly got a few in the wood pile out back, but I don’t think they are poisonous or I have never really heard of anyone being bitten by them they are pretty small not much bigger than an Aussie 50c piece.

Hey bro great idea get yourself a summer house up here in the sub tropics, I reckon i’d enjoy throwing down a few cold ones with ya :D

I’ve lived in Oz for just over 30 years, a good part of that in the bush.... you get used to all the nasty things.... and those that are about, you really don’t see them too often.... I’ve had to dispatch a few snakes in my time. We have 10 of the 11 most venomous snakes in the world living in this state. Most of which piss off when they feel you coming, all but the King Brown and Eastern Brown they will come after you and they can jump up to several meters distance. They have a bad attitude I used to dispatch them on sight when the kids were young.... but now I tend to remove them to the bush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2535022)
Holy Deity!!!

I would defecate myself if I just saw one IRL as I am scared to death by spiders.

Oh you have scorpions too there which can kill you right? Mmmm nice and peaceful life ... i would stay in a full service luxury highrise overlooking the Sidney bridge and have people go shopping for me so I don’t have to tend to a garage or a lawn with a shed of death in the corner of my backyard :D

But aside from all that wants to kill you Aussie is a beautiful very nice part of the world and if there wasn’t soo much deadly stuff on land and in the water I would probably get a house there to escape our horrible winters when there is summer in AU ;)

xrekcor 08-09-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2535026)
Try New Zealand dude, I've heard lots of swedes go there for winter :D

The skiing is just as good.... I heard that from a Swede

YYR123 08-09-2019 09:13 PM

Eye of the Crouching Tiger

Southsidemusic 08-09-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2535093)
Eye of the Crouching Tiger

LOL

Thats how my eyes look every saturday and sunday morning sfter a night at the club wasting time and money just to have red eyes in the ”afternoon” when one wakes up hehe

Or it’s a baboon with Pink Eye :D

xrekcor 08-10-2019 03:35 AM

YYR123 and Chris,

My big sis brought that T-shirt for me from Red Eye Records in Sydney :D
Where I spent many a red eye morning.... after gigs