Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   mezzo backup software (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=269340)

DRADJAZZ 03-14-2010 12:02 PM

mezzo backup software

Does anyone know where I can acquire legacy copies or upgrades for Mezzo backup software? The maker, Grey Matter, is out of biz and I need to be able to access archived sessions and data. I'm looking for OS 9 or OSX compatibile Mezzo.

Any help or tips appreciated.

Dave R

rhino 03-23-2010 07:09 PM

Re: mezzo backup software

I have had a similar problem and have managed to obtain a 4.7 installer. Let me know if you would like me to get it to you.

Onkel Echo 05-24-2010 01:41 PM

Well, I have installers for several versions that all work in OS9 but you can´t use them unless you have a authorization on an iLok. They used to use the challenge-response authorization system that had to be renewed every six months but now they´re out of business and all of our older projects are locked behind that program.

So if anyone has an iLok containing the authorization I would be very interested in getting my hands on it.

Top Jimmy 05-24-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Echo (Post 1613845)
So if anyone has an iLok containing the authorization I would be very interested in getting my hands on it.

Good luck. The last time an iLok was getting passed around for this, someone with 3 posts and 33 days of history got his hands on it and was never heard from again.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=226904
_

sunburst79 05-24-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 1613860)
Good luck. The last time an iLok was getting passed around for this, someone with 3 posts and 33 days of history got his hands on it and was never heard from again.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=226904
_

I remember that thread. Still PO'ed about the outcome of that act of generosity.

cstrouss 11-22-2010 01:16 PM

If Mezzo 4.7's permanent authorization was stored on an iLok, and the iLok has been cracked, then it should theoretically be possible to find one and clone it??? This seems ethically justified under the circumstances, since so many of us have archives we can no longer access.

I don't understand why the Mezzo guys don't resurface and peddle authorizations. I'm sure it wouldn't be pleasant to listen to people bitch when they made them fork over a VISA card for an authorization. Maybe they'll just sell the rights to someone who is willing to take the grief in order to make a few bucks.

gearjunkie777 02-02-2014 11:45 PM

Hey Folks,

I am looking to resurrect the Mezzo discussions. I am wondering if there are still any known working iloks with the Mezzo 4.7 key running around or if anyone was ever successful at reverse engineering a functional copy of Mezzo 4.x. I have a Mezzo 4.7 rig up and running with an Exabyte 8505 8mm drive and have been working for the past few years to get all of the tapes (approx. 1200 ish) we created with this defunct software in the late 90's and early 2000's restored to new hard drives. I would like to duplicate the restore rig I have onto a few more vintage macs in order to speed up my restoration process. At this point I am about halfway through my stacks and am willing to help anybody who still desires to pull some archives off their old tapes or other Mezzo formatted media. The challenge will be the archive device if your tapes are not in 8mm format, but I am willing to bet the folks at Pacific Data or a few other places around the web would have some older refurb drives and software that could be acquired to facilitate the process. PM me if anyone is interested and we'll see if we can get this ball rolling again.

Peace!

Gearjunkie777

afuturelivedinpasttense 02-24-2014 08:52 PM

Hello,
New to this forum, so I'm not too sure of the protocols for this thread. Please excuse my jumping in like this. In 2001, we were working on an album that was backed up to two AiT3 tapes running Mezzo 3.6.6. The studio (London Bridge, Seattle, WA) was sold several years ago and the current owners no longer have the AiT drive, Mezzo software or iLok key. If anyone here has access to the necessary tools we'd be hugely grateful. We'd like to get the Pro Tools 5 files migrated over to a hard drive so that we can hopefully (fingers crossed) remix and remaster our album. Thanks again for your help with this terribly confounding data recovery rabbit hole. Best Regards, AJC:-)

Peter Cole 02-27-2014 07:08 AM

I have a Mezzo iLok asset I am willing to sell.

PWrightIII 12-20-2014 09:53 PM

I have a mezzo system setup just for this originally.......it took me a few years to purchase the complete setup etc.....I can do restores for anyone that need the service.

Paul