Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Bounce to Move of a Edited Video Sequence doesn't work (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=394191)

smashbob 10-06-2017 08:45 AM

Bounce to Move of a Edited Video Sequence doesn't work

Hi there,

we have following Problem:

We have a video Sequence in ProTools wich we have edited in Pro Tools a couple times with imported .mov Files. We now want to bounce this edited sequence to a mov file, but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this issue known / are there workarounds?

Thanks in andvance for every1 that wants to help

smashbob

john1192 10-06-2017 09:21 AM

Re: Bounce to Move of a Edited Video Sequence doesn't work

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashbob (Post 2452759)
Hi there,

we have following Problem:

We have a video Sequence in ProTools wich we have edited in Pro Tools a couple times with imported .mov Files. We now want to bounce this edited sequence to a mov file, but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this issue known / are there workarounds?

Thanks in andvance for every1 that wants to help

smashbob

any more info for us ???

smashbob 10-06-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2452761)
any more info for us ???

Sure and sorry!

Pro Tools 12.5, Windows 10
16 GB RAM, i7, any more Info needet?

Inglesworth 10-06-2017 10:08 AM

We can assume you are using HD? Seeing that you have multiple videos in your session. I imagine all the videos are on one video track? All videos are the same format/codec/frame rate? Are you trying an offline bounce? Or have you tried online as well?

smashbob 10-06-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inglesworth (Post 2452773)
We can assume you are using HD? Seeing that you have multiple videos in your session. I imagine all the videos are on one video track? All videos are the same format/codec/frame rate? Are you trying an offline bounce? Or have you tried online as well?

Mixed Resolution, multiple Videos, all on one track, different format/codec. Same Framerate. Havent tried an online bounce yet.

Inglesworth 10-06-2017 11:12 AM

My guess is that the videos being different resolutions and different codecs is probably it.

One thing to possibly try... When you bounce, are you selecting the option to make it a specific codec? Or are you leaving the "Same as Source" box checked? Forcing it to export at a specific format may help, but I couldn't guarantee that.

Your best bet would be to take the source videos, and export/convert them to all be the same resolution, format and codec and then use those files in your session.