Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   HOW do you get the monitors to show up on the setup page? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398454)

KeyplayerG 04-06-2018 05:57 PM

HOW do you get the monitors to show up on the setup page?

I have 3 sets of monitors: A: 5.1 Surround B: Stereo C: 2.1

All 3 sets are powered and can be activated directly from the Nuendo Control Room. After, literally, months of back & forth and trial & error, I finally got the CR Volume knob to work on my MC Control. But I still don't have TANGIBLE control from the controller.

When I go to the setup page for the monitors, its all blank. HOW DO I GET THE MONITORS TO SHOW UP ON THAT PAGE?!!? There's no page for Tracks, Surround or Setup in the Eucontrol panel. So how am I supposed to setup the control room?

The manual only tells me what's supposed to happen, or can happen when the monitors are connected. Mine are connected and working fine. But there's no indication of it on the monitor page in the setup window. Is this another Studio Express issue? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

KeyplayerG 04-07-2018 05:23 PM

Re: HOW do you get the monitors to show up on the setup page?

Okay, does this page work for PT users? :confused:

simonjewel 04-07-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2483674)
Okay, does this page work for PT users? :confused:

As far as I am aware it doesn’t work ... I wish many things did to do with monitors and particularly control room volume ... one day maybe

EddieJones 04-07-2018 07:44 PM

On the Artist Control, the Monitor Knob just Controls the main Speakers (Monitor Channel), I think you can use Softkeys to switch between other Speaker (Monitor Channels). To control Monitor (Nuendo Cue 1) A hold shift and turn the Artist Control Monitor knob. Don't confuse the main Speaker (Monitor channels) for the Monitors (Cues).
On the touchscreen, you can select any sources setup for these 2 outputs.

KeyplayerG 04-07-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2483686)
On the Artist Control, the Monitor Knob just Controls the main Speakers (Monitor Channel), I think you can use Softkeys to switch between other Speaker (Monitor Channels). To control Monitor (Nuendo Cue 1) A hold shift and turn the Artist Control Monitor knob. Don't confuse the main Speaker (Monitor channels) for the Monitors (Cues).
On the touchscreen, you can select any sources setup for these 2 outputs.

Okay, I found the SOFT KEYS PAGE (CONTROL ROOM). I didn't have to use the shift button to change between the speakers. I just selected from the 3 labeled buttons (CR: Surround, CR: Stereo & CR: Mono) and watched the Nuendo CR to see what happened. The order was mislabeled for the order of my monitors. But that was an easy fix. The CR Knob automatically switched to a master volume for which ever was selected. THANKS A LOT! This was really bugging me!

I don't suppose there's anyway to map those controls to my faders, huh? I would love to make a CR Layout on my MC (Fdr. 1: Surround, Fdr. 2: Stereo, Fdr. 3: 2.1 Cubes & Fdr. 4: Attention Fader)! :cool:

So I guess the question now is, WHY isn't there any info of any kind on the actual setup page?:confused:

EddieJones 04-08-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2483694)
So I guess the question now is, WHY isn't there any info of any kind on the actual setup page?:confused:

I think thats a question for Steinberg ;-)

KeyplayerG 04-09-2018 10:10 AM

I went into Eucontrol to review the commands. The CR commands were for Eucon Presets. So, I switched them to Select Monitor 1, 2 & 3 respectively.

Now the soft key selection reflects the same as the Nuendo CR (when I select 1 on the MC, A lights up on in Nuendo. When I select 2 on the MC, B lights up in Nuendo, etc.) This is all good.

BTW, is there any way to map the CR Controls to the 1st 3 faders?