Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 96 kHz (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406514)

RichrdC 09-28-2019 08:32 AM

The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 96 kHz

Good morning,
I have a Lenovo laptop, 16 gig Ram, with a Qcon Pro X control surface and an MBox 3 for connecting guitars etc. So I go to open a session, and I'm greeted by this message, that the playback engine doesn't support 96 Hz.. In the Setting tab, I see the playback engine. I see the Mbox selected, 512 sample rate, but I don't see where to look at the Hz numbers..Is this something to look at in the Mbox 3 control area? I looked but was worried about playing around in there.. I'm perplexed. Can someone explain this error to me, and where I might go to fix it? Thank you

jeam25 09-28-2019 08:58 AM

Re: The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 96 kHz

Hi please check at windows sound panel if your mbox is selected as default playback device by win, if so, select your onboard audio as default and try again.

jeam25 09-28-2019 08:59 AM

Also double check you have the correct lastest driver for your mbox/os.

RichrdC 10-01-2019 04:25 PM

Well, I checked my Windows sound settings and yes, Mbox was selected so I went with the Real Tec High Definiition for both soundout & mic. I have the newest drivers for the Mbox 3, and I still got the reeor message... I wish I was a better detective.

JFreak 10-01-2019 04:27 PM

Are you sure PT is using that for playback? Press and hold 'N' while launching PT so the playback settings window opens first.

The Weed 10-02-2019 09:12 AM

Set the Realtek as default for everything under Control Panel>Sound and Disable anything else you see under there. Then do as Janne suggested, Hold down "N" while launching Pro Tools and see if you can get the Playback Dialogue screen and choose the Mbox as the engine.

RichrdC 10-02-2019 12:01 PM

Thank you for the ideas. I will report back with the results.

RichrdC 10-05-2019 04:32 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to Moderator Jean. Mbox was default sound & when changed to the inboard, the error went away.. Thx much

JFreak 10-06-2019 05:16 AM

No problem. And yes, Janne is Jean in french :D

RichrdC 10-15-2019 06:48 PM

Sorry Janne.... Sometimes I can't read!!