Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   protools 2020.03 AVID broke OMF import (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409243)

basharar1 04-02-2020 02:46 AM

protools 2020.03 AVID broke OMF import

AVID the new 2020.03 update OMF import is broken, protools will freeze if you drag an off, or it will report an error prompt when trying to import through session data menu. same files import perfectly with the older version or other software, anyone has a workaround for this....

gives 04-02-2020 08:34 AM

Re: protools 2020.03 AVID broke OMF import

Quote:

Originally Posted by basharar1 (Post 2559566)
AVID the new 2020.03 update OMF import is broken, protools will freeze if you drag an off, or it will report an error prompt when trying to import through session data menu. same files import perfectly with the older version or other software, anyone has a workaround for this....

Well. I'll have to wait on installing now.. That is a problem for me here since I work with editors all the time. Too bad.. Isn't this supposed to be a solid audio post industry standard system? Jeffro, can you advise us ASAP on this? Thanks in advance-:).

G

bewk 04-02-2020 09:25 AM

I'm seeing some of this too. Some OMFs will import. Some won't. Not sure what's causing PT to bump on the ones that won't. I've tried a few AAFs I have on hand and all of those have worked so far.

-Chris

gives 04-02-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bewk (Post 2559645)
I'm seeing some of this too. Some OMFs will import. Some won't. Not sure what's causing PT to bump on the ones that won't. I've tried a few AAFs I have on hand and all of those have worked so far.

-Chris

OK Thanks..

Reckless Erik 04-02-2020 01:11 PM

It may be localisation issues. This has surfaced in filenames that have non english characters and some video files stopped playing all of a sudden on my system. Today i imported off/aaf with no problems (embedded media) that contained no foreign characters.

seanmccoy 04-02-2020 03:48 PM

I don't have an OMF to try at the moment, but I can confirm that AAF import in 20.3 in Windows 10 Pro does work.

LDS 04-05-2020 03:10 AM

I am seeing this as well. I tried opening a whole bunch of old OMFs, and they seem to be failing at a rate of about three out of four. They have all successfully imported into Pro Tools in the past. Open a support case if you haven't already. It would be nice to get this ironed out.

basharar1 04-06-2020 02:58 AM

Its AMAZING how they did not test OMF import?!!! its not a single incident, all my coworkers are reporting the same issue... something about bento container... I never knew protools did sushi... I opened a support ticket with AVID, lets see how fast this will be fixed after doubling the prices....

audiobob 04-06-2020 11:04 AM

Not sure if this is related but I've been having issues with 2020.03 and Catalina drive permissions. I've tried to open an OMF through import session data and I get a message that the file can't be found. The OMF won't work even if I try and open it separately. I can then take any audio file from that drive where the omf is located and drag and drop it into the PT timeline. It works and somehow it lets PT know that permissions are approved on the drive...then the OMF will import.

Happens with movies as well. Open a session with 3 movies that are located on a separate drive and PT says the codec is missing. Then take audio from that drive and drag and drop it into the timeline. Close and open the session again and the movies are there. Really weird.

Again, not sure if this is a issue in the current thread but it's worth noting.

basharar1 04-06-2020 11:11 AM

No comments!!!

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience.
As you have already noticed, we have a new bug introduced in Pro Tools 2020.3:

PT-260941
Unable to import certain OMF files into PT 2020.3 (which import successfully into 2019.12). PT either crashes or throws error "OMFI_ERR: Bento container error;In omfsOpenFile"

The only known workaround at this point are to roll back to Pro Tools 2019.12.