Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Icon and the possibility of Eucon? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=281983)

klaukholm 09-12-2010 11:37 PM

Icon and the possibility of Eucon?

We are looking to invest in a new system for our main room which runs PTHD and Pyramix.

Right now we are sitting on the fence as there is no word on Eucon support in PT, making the System5 a very strong product for us.

At the same time, I would probably go for an Icon if it would even get rudimentary eucon functionality. It would be perfectly fine for me to pay extra for the protocol.

If eucon is not implemented for either Icon or PT itself, we will go with a competitors product, it's that simple.

Tom Graham 09-13-2010 12:01 AM

Re: Icon and the possibility of Eucon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaukholm (Post 1667056)
We are looking to invest in a new system for our main room which runs PTHD and Pyramix.

Right now we are sitting on the fence as there is no word on Eucon support in PT, making the System5 a very strong product for us.

At the same time, I would probably go for an Icon if it would even get rudimentary eucon functionality. It would be perfectly fine for me to pay extra for the protocol.

If eucon is not implemented for either Icon or PT itself, we will go with a competitors product, it's that simple.

Hello,
We are working diligently on adding EuCon functionality to Pro Tools and it is going well. Phase 1 of that support should be completed by the end of the year (which means Euphonix (EuCon enabled) consoles will be able to control Pro Tools. ICON will get EuCon functionality (which means ICON would be able to control other EuCon apps) at a later phase, which we can't really comment on a timeframe. Hope that helps...
Thanks,
Tom

klaukholm 09-13-2010 12:14 AM

That is good news, I very much appreciate getting a sense of the direction you are heading.

Sui_City 09-14-2010 03:38 PM

Tom,

This is great news, thanks!

However, as an Icon owner, I wish to tell you that you have the development the wrong way round.

:)

Brandonx1 09-15-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sui_City (Post 1668130)
Tom,

This is great news, thanks!

However, as an Icon owner, I wish to tell you that you have the development the wrong way round.

If you owned a system 5 mc you would think he had the correct order tho. I guess they are trying to sell those.

zakco 09-15-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sui_City (Post 1668130)

what he said!

M-ManLA 09-15-2010 09:49 PM

I wonder if an ICON 2 is in the works...

klaukholm 11-05-2010 07:05 AM

A follow up, will the C24 also be eucon enabled, as I am also looking for something smaller than a 32ch procontrol, to bring on location, yet a little less like a toy than the artist.

Dog and Pony 11-05-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

klaukholm
A follow up, will the C24 also be eucon enabled, as I am also looking for something smaller than a 32ch procontrol, to bring on location, yet a little less like a toy than the artist.
Good question! I'm a long time Nuendo user with 4 installs but we'll definitely be adding ProTools 9. Shopping for a console to complement our two MC Pro's; a C24 with Eucon running both PTs and Nuendo would be amazing.

Sui_City 02-16-2011 07:49 AM

Bumpity bump?