Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lost playback Engine (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396524)

HughJAgo 01-21-2018 03:49 PM

Lost playback Engine

I haven't used Protool for a month or so. In that time I've been testing a Focusrite 6i6 and various VST (Lounge Lizard). I've now booted up Protools 10. The only engine it finds is the ISIO4ALL. It shows Focusrite, but it cant be selected. No other engines appear, no drop down. I uninstalled ISIO4ALL and Protools refuses to load as no engine is found.
I'm connected to my eleven rack.

If I try to play any session it sounds every other beat. so audibly stuttering.

Please please any help in restoring my sanity and playback engines.

junkgear 01-22-2018 04:52 AM

Re: Lost playback Engine

You do not need ASIO4ALL when using either the 11R or your Focusrite interface, so I would uninstall it from you system.

Next make sure you have the latest driver installed for the 6i6.
It's also always a good idea to make sure Windows is not using the interface you are trying to record with, so go into Windows sound properties and make sure the Focusrite is not being used as the default playback device.

Now start Pro Tools and hold down the N key while it loads. This will force a hardware refresh and will allow you to select your playback engine device. Hopefully the Focusrite will be in the list now and you can use it.

HughJAgo 01-22-2018 06:51 AM

Many thanks for the reply. I have my 11 Rack on, but I do not have the Focusrite 6i6 connected. When I boot Protools it always comes up that I've changed the I/O settings.
Once loaded I go to the Playback Engine and it only shows the ISIO4All and the Focusrite. But there is no dropdown.
If I try to play back any session is stutters, or plays every other beat.
I deleted the ISIO4All and Protools will not load. I get a No engine error and I have to quit.
I've uninstalled, and reinstalled protools but it's just the same.
When loaded Protools does see the 11 Rack, but any play back is through the Monitors not the earphones through the 11 Rack.
All help appreciated.
Hugh

junkgear 01-22-2018 09:39 AM

Please take a look at the Windows 10 Troubleshooting guide and follow the steps to get your system running.

If you are still having problems after going through the troubleshooting steps above, then take a look at the Help Us Help You thread, where you will find information on posting a sandra report, which will help us to diagnose your system.

HughJAgo 01-22-2018 09:57 AM

Many Thanks for the reply. I'll do as suggested and post any problems and solutions.
I'm glad to see help is still at hand, I thought I may have lost all my historical sessions.
Hugh