Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Dyn button disabled (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379042)

wwerwath 03-21-2016 09:38 AM

Dyn button disabled

Hey There

I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but for some reason in my session all of the dyn buttons next to the tracks are disabled and none of the tracks are reading any automation. Anyone know how this can be fixed? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks

Will

wwerwath 03-21-2016 09:47 AM

Re: Dyn button disabled

Ok also just noticed I can't switch the tracks to input monitoring.

wwerwath 03-29-2016 01:36 PM

I'm going to bump this because it just happened in another session and I'm going crazy. Now it has only disabled automation on my instrument tracks. Again, the dyn button is disabled and all the automation is not working and is greyed out when I select it. Anyone had this happen? I'm sure it's some new mode or something with pt 12.4 but I can't figure out what.

soybalm 03-29-2016 09:05 PM

Make sure they are assigned to non italicized outputs.

Audiofeeling 05-10-2018 04:04 PM

I have the same problem!!! nice that finally i found a post where this topic is debated.
I have just registered here to comment .

To me, it doesnt happen in all the sessions. Just in some, random.

The first time it happened to me, it was a session sent to me, to mix. It only was happening in my most powefull computer: my hackintosh, if i opened the same session in an older mac pro 3.1 i didnt have that problem.

I have been one year without this problem and now it happened again!

its a session that i recorded and i created from 0. I made a save copy in to have a clearer and lighter session in order to mix without other playlists and many discarded tracks.

Its a mix that its taking more time than the usual (i am also the producer). the First day working on it, no problem at all, i did Some renders, changes...

i use to make "save as", from some steps to others,

well, second day this issue started. if i open an older session, or some backup session from yesterday, or from 5 hours ago, there's no problem, but , with my current session (the one with the last changes) its takin about 20 minutes or half and hour to open (with this circle icon in the mouse showing that its working) it looks like a pro tools crush but it you wait, it reborn. All the time with the "dyn" option in blue.

yesterday i fixed it opening and old backup without the problem and making import session data with all the tracks, matching tracks. But it doesnt work all the times.

If i wait untill the session opens (20/30 min) i can work, but next time i reboot pro tools, it will take as long as i said. 20/30 min.

Sorry for my english i do my best.

I dont know the reason, it cant be the RAM, or other issues you have already mentioned.

Thank you in advance for your help

Audiofeeling 05-10-2018 04:40 PM

hey guys, the trick of opening the session with all the plugins unactive, (holding shift while double click on the session) it works, it must be a plugins issue.

i suspect it could be amplitube, do you guys, had amplitube in that sessions?

davidskick 01-09-2019 08:33 PM

I have the exact same issue. I have PLENTY OF RAM (64G) and using a super powerful mac trash can.. with PT 2018.12.0 I have an Avid support case open. They don't have a clue of what's going on... Anyone??

musicman691 01-10-2019 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofeeling (Post 2487891)
hey guys, the trick of opening the session with all the plugins unactive, (holding shift while double click on the session) it works, it must be a plugins issue.

i suspect it could be amplitube, do you guys, had amplitube in that sessions?

I've had the issue with two IKMM plugins - Amplitube and Sampletank. In my case the sessions had early versions of both plugs and now having the newer versions the old sessions barf.
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidskick (Post 2512178)
I have the exact same issue. I have PLENTY OF RAM (64G) and using a super powerful mac trash can.. with PT 2018.12.0 I have an Avid support case open. They don't have a clue of what's going on... Anyone??

Have you tried opening the session in safe mode?
Any third party plugins in the session? If so open in safe mode and then one-by-one re-enable a plugin. Save the session, quit PT and reopen the session. Restart the session and if it works okay you've found the problem plugin. If not just repeat the process.
What OSX are you running?