Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Can't make initial launch of PT 11 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349294)

mickeyrouse 01-07-2014 04:37 PM

Can't make initial launch of PT 11

After the ordeal of trial and error of iLock and it's supposed handshaking w/ PT 11 (God only knows if it's going to work every time) I can't get this damned thing to launch. First it tells me that is a naming issue (Mark? Sally? Bubba?) with the NTFS drives. Wha? And there may be loss of plug-in authorization. Plug-in What? Then the next thing says there is an improper or missing authorization of Elastic Audio. Hmm, that's not in the manual either....And that they failed to load. So? Oh and I couldn't make the requested moves to an unused folder. And then the ASIO device is configured for an unsupported buffer size. And shuts down. Honest, I have never done anything regarding buffer sizes.
I'm sure this going to be really great and all, but right now my old Sonar X1 is looking better all the time.
Any clues? Hints? Help?
Mickey in Texas

albee1952 01-07-2014 04:51 PM

Re: Can't make initial launch of PT 11

Nowhere near enough info to really help.
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
post a Sandra report and what you are using as an interface. Re the first issue of drive names, just rename any drive that has a name that is longer than 11 characters(a space is a character).

zedhed 01-07-2014 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeyrouse (Post 2118836)
it tells me that is a naming issue (Mark? Sally? Bubba?) with the NTFS drives. Wha?

If your drive/s are named with more than 11 characters, just right click on the drive letter/s and rename them to a name with less than 11 characters.

mickeyrouse 01-08-2014 05:09 AM

It doesn't appear that my only drive has any name other than "C".

albee1952 01-08-2014 08:13 AM

Once again, post a Sandra report

mickeyrouse 01-08-2014 09:27 AM

Using my iPad. Sandra not available for it.

Darryl Ramm 01-08-2014 09:30 AM

Well when you get back to your PC, post a Sandra report run on it and maybe folks here will be able to help you.

mickeyrouse 01-08-2014 09:35 AM

I think "Sandra" wants to talk about this, tho:
Using a custom-assembled clone computer w 4 G. Ram.
dual core processor
Windows 7, 64 bit.
Universal Audio Quad 4 interface.
Dedicated computer, single drive.
Pro tools 11.1.1 (downloaded 1-7-14 at 3:20 CST)

Darryl Ramm 01-08-2014 09:43 AM

What exact interface? An UAD Apollo Quad? Apollo 16 Quad? Something else? And what exact driver version is installed? Include that info with your Sandra report.

What playback engine are you trying to use? Hold down 'N' while Pro Tools is starting and select the UAD interface there you are tryign to use. What are all the choices that show up.

mickeyrouse 01-08-2014 09:48 AM

I'm at home just now. Will be a couple hours before I get to the studio, will chase tech details down then. Universal Audio Apollo Quad 4. No UAD plug ins. Apollo driver is latest available in October, but don't know how to confirm driver version.