Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397754)

EddieJones 03-07-2018 07:46 PM

New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3

Avid is pleased to announce the release of EuControl/Workstation software version 18.3 (formally 3.8) for the S3, Dock, Pro Tools|Control, and Artist Series. Log in to your Avid Account (for S3, Dock, and Pro Tools | Control) or My Artist portal to download the new software.

• New Unified Installer
• Load and Save As softkey Appsets
• Reverse Inserts and DYN knobs option on S3
• Layouts would not store attentioned/selected track assignment
• Improved knob responce for the Dock
• Add Automation Rec flashing light to Dock Fader
• iPad Control App work with S6
• Many bug fixes

Whats New in EuControl 18.3

EUCON 18.3 on Avids Blog

PT user 11-27-2018 07:03 AM

Re: New Software Release EuControl Version 18.3

Hi Eddie
Yet again this morning Im getting PT Control is not compatible etc etc - download latest from App Store when there is no update on there.... Since this last major EUCON revision either the dock or control won't reliably engage with EUCON without intervention and I'm getting more than a little fed up with it. These are not new products and should be stable by now...

reichman 11-27-2018 08:15 AM

I see that message once in a while (Control not using same version of EuCon). Every time I hit "Restart EUCON Applications..." and it's fine for days after. Not a fix, but a workaround.

EddieJones 11-27-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT user (Post 2507055)
Hi Eddie
Yet again this morning Im getting PT Control is not compatible etc etc - download latest from App Store when there is no update on there.... Since this last major EUCON revision either the dock or control won't reliably engage with EUCON without intervention and I'm getting more than a little fed up with it. These are not new products and should be stable by now...

Using the 18.3 installer check the uninstall everything and remove prefs option, then reinstall. I think some old files must be left behind.

PT user 11-27-2018 12:31 PM

Thank you for chipping in Eddie - you gave me this advice a few weeks back...I followed it then and the problem resolved but on each subsequent boot its a lottery what will happen. Either the Dock or Control won't engage without grief.

RobertDorn 04-19-2019 12:20 PM

Hi Eddie, will the Pro Control app get a gui update for the latest iPad Pro 11" display resolution/proportions?

EddieJones 04-19-2019 12:29 PM

It will but not in this release. We are having to completly rewrite it from the ground up. Trust me it will be 100x better in every respect ;-)

RobertDorn 04-19-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2522493)
It will but not in this release. We are having to completly rewrite it from the ground up. Trust me it will be 100x better in every respect ;-)

Okay! Thanks for the lightning fast reply;) and looking forward to it!