Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   pro tools 8 stuck at "structure" at initial load (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=263207)

Awesomeworld 01-04-2010 11:48 AM

pro tools 8 stuck at "structure" at initial load

I recently upgraded to protools 8 from 7 and haven't been able to get it open yet because there are always new problems. the point i am stuck at no is that when i initiate protools 8,it goes through all of the plug ins but whenever it comes to structure, protools freezes and wont respond. is this a common problem? is there an easy solution?
I dont know if this is related but my moogerfooger authorizations which worked previous to the upgrade are now not being picked up from the ilok, even though they are indeed on the ilok. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Ty

Awesomeworld 01-04-2010 12:28 PM

Re: pro tools 8 stuck at "structure" at initial load

all you need to know is in my new signature. other that i cant tell anymore at the moment as i am on my mac in a different location

DigiTechSupt 01-07-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awesomeworld (Post 1526341)
all you need to know is in my new signature. other that i cant tell anymore at the moment as i am on my mac in a different location

We just got your email regarding this thread. He's not trying to get you to buy Sandra - it's FREE application, just follow the instructions.

Since you're new here, you should also read the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting stickies below my signature (where Benoni is pulling his info from), as they contain info about what we need to know to help you (your Sandra report, for sure) as well as possible solutions to your problems.

DigiTechSupt 01-07-2010 06:01 PM

Also, see the other stickies in the Windows forum, as there's one specific to Internet Explorer 8 and plug-ins causing Pro Tools not to launch...

TOM@METRO 01-08-2010 01:16 AM

Yea, I'm betting that the quick fix for you is to roll back to IE7.

PrinzAcim 09-21-2011 06:21 AM

Hallo,

I have the same problem since today. I bought ProTools 8 LE in 2009 and it works very well one my system till today. Last week I had a virus on my PC and I have format the system completely! Windows XP is complete new installed and the the rest of my other software, too. Today I have installed ProTools new and now I have the same problem. Untill the Installing process the AntiVirus Software was enabled!!! ProTools starts and freeze at the "Structure"-PlugIn. Is it possible that anybody can help me to fix the problem. ProTools was still running without problems for more than a year on my system, and now it doesn´t work.

King regards,
Achim

P.S.: sorry for my english

albee1952 09-21-2011 07:47 AM

One solution(if you don't need Structure) is to navigate to the Digidesign>DAE>Plugins folder and remove the Structure plugin file(s). Drag it/them(usually 2 files for each plugin) out to any where(I keep a folder on the desktop called BadPlugins):rolleyes:.

PrinzAcim 09-21-2011 11:50 AM

Wow! Many thanks for this tip! It works! But I want to know, why does it not works with this 2 Plugs? It still works the whole time before with this 2 Plugs. May you have a answer :confused: Buy the way - I can work and this is in the moment the best alternative.

Many thanks and have a nice day,
Achim :)

TOM@METRO 09-21-2011 01:10 PM

Be sure to read this.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=243183