Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Only one Cloud account per Avid account (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379391)

metalmixer 03-30-2016 11:07 AM

Only one Cloud account per Avid account

We have been waiting to jump on this since it was announced 2 years ago.
We have multiple HD licenses and only get ONE Avid Cloud account NOT one Avid Cloud account per license. Plus there is no way to transfer the other licenses to different Avid Account. This really is glaring oversight and should be corrected - had we have know about this serious limitation we would have registered our HD licenses on different Avid Accounts.
This limitation also prevents us from even using Cloud Collaboration between our facilities.
One Avid Cloud license account (confirmed by Avid Customer Service) is really not fair to Pro tools customer who own multiple licenses.

JoelG 03-30-2016 11:42 AM

Re: Only one Avid Cloud account

I'll see what I can find out..

Joel

metalmixer 03-31-2016 10:30 PM

I just don't think it's fair having one collaboration account when you have more that one licenses - a studio I am working with has 5 licenses and they are pretty upset about this.

JoelG 04-01-2016 05:47 AM

I agree completely! I haven't heard back yet about this though, bumping it again.

Joel

nigelpry 04-02-2016 06:58 AM

Wow this is such a fundamental issue, I can't believe Avid hasn't factored this in.

What about big post houses having hundreds of licenses, maybe all in one Avid Account? Or at least not one account per license?

I did have three licenses, but down to two now. Avid definitely needs to come up with a solution that rewards multiple license holders .... a simple 500mb per license seems reasonable and should be easy to implement ....

Count the number of licenses registered to an Avid account, then multiply 500mb by the number of licenses.

JFreak 04-02-2016 07:03 AM

I also feel about all of us, because I have two active PT12 systems. Not possible to collaborate between those two. Something needs to be done. I can assure you I will keep this topic alive behind the scenes, even though you might not see any progress...

Stereo Missile 04-02-2016 06:59 PM

Absolutely! People or companies with multiple licenses should be allowed to have the same number of CC accounts as licenses, otherwise how is anyone within a corporation supposed to collaborate internally?

I do not have 12.5 yet but one of the biggest uses I anticipate is collaborating internally within my organisation. I do most of my work from my own studio at home, but we have an audio suite going in at the office which I will need to collaborate with. For us this should be ok as we will be on a separate Avid account, but I can imagine for other multi-seat organisations who are spread out over different premises this would be essential.

I'm sure it must be an oversight by Avid, I can't imagine they would intentionally prevent users from doing this...

metalmixer 04-03-2016 01:38 PM

What I feel ripped off about now Avid will NOT let me split up my HD licenses into separate Avid Accounts. One of my Collaboration partners is not happy either he has 6 lionesses in his Avid Account. I wonder why this serious limitation was not ever mentioned anywhere.

Carl Kolchak 04-03-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalmixer (Post 2347206)

One of my Collaboration partners is not happy either he has 6 lionesses in his Avid Account. I wonder why this serious limitation was not ever mentioned anywhere.

Sounds like a potentially deadly limitation.

Thanks for the heads up!

Note to self : don't venture in to my Avid account until I've called a Lion Tamer.

Chris King 05-02-2016 10:20 AM

Has this problem been sorted yet by Avid?