Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Copy a plug-in to multiple tracks? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=252695)

tokolosh 08-22-2009 07:44 AM

Copy a plug-in to multiple tracks?

I have a channel strip that I would like to duplicate to every channel in my session.

I am coping and pasting each individual plug-in to every insert. is there a keyboard short cut that can duplicate one insert plug-in to multiple channels?

albee1952 08-22-2009 08:50 AM

Re: Copy a plug-in to multiple tracks?

On a PC, if you hold the Alt key while adding a plugin, it will add the same plugin to every track. Also, if you hold Alt and grab a plugin, you can drag it to another track and duplicate the plugin(with all settings intact). I'm sure there is a Mac version of this shortcut(maybe the Option key?)

tokolosh 08-22-2009 08:55 AM

Thanks I'll try that. is it possible to copy one plug-in with my current settings to all my session tracks in one go?

ChuckS 08-22-2009 09:30 AM

Hold the option while selecting the plug and it will instantiate it on all tracks of the same type - for instance option select on a mono track for all mono tracks then option select again on a stereo track for all stereo. If you're looking to keep the same plug settings, I don't know of any way to copy/drag to multiple tracks in one step. Doesn't mean there isn't a way.

tokolosh 08-23-2009 02:13 AM

Thanks ChuckS, I searched to see if there is an option to duplicate a plug-in to several channels with preserved settings but it looks like its impossible. shame:(

danander11 08-23-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokolosh (Post 1446198)
Thanks ChuckS, I searched to see if there is an option to duplicate a plug-in to several channels with preserved settings but it looks like its impossible. shame:(

It depends on the plug type. A stereo/mono plug can be copied to any other track with settings intact, but a mono plug cannot be copied to a stereo track... (and a stereo only plug cannot be copied to a mono track).

tamasdragon 08-23-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokolosh (Post 1446198)

Although I don't know why it would be good, it's not impossible, just a little complicated.
Save your settings in your plugin to a preset
Make that preset default
Now insert the plugin to any number of tracks you want
Done

Tamas Dragon

Ben Jenssen 08-23-2009 05:09 AM

Another ting: holding shift-alt while instatiating plugin inserts plugin on all SELECTED tracks.