Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   ilok license issue despite renewing annual subscription (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392067)

MartinT 06-29-2017 04:12 AM

ilok license issue despite renewing annual subscription

I renewed my annual subscription (with about two weeks to spare) and downloaded ProTools 12.8 from my Avid account. However, when I try to launch the application, a box tells me that "You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software".

I believe that the license should have appeared in the "available" column on my ilok License Manager so I can transfer it to the ilok but it isn't there.

I created a case #03235284 three days ago but haven't received a response yet and having waited 25 minutes on the European helpline, didn't get an answer. My ProTools dealer has tried to help also and created a case of their own but has not received a response as of yet. Of course, I need access asap to finish projects and I have paid up so it is surprising.

I see on this forum that this is a common problem so I'm wondering how long it takes Avid to resolve it? Maybe there is someone here who could resolve the issue?

I'd be grateful for any advice or help on this.

Many thanks,

Martin.

OS X 10.11.4 El Capitain; ProTools 12.8 (not HD).

JFreak 06-29-2017 04:28 AM

Re: ilok license issue despite renewing annual subscription

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think your problem isn't the same as some have encountered upgrading to 12.8 but isntead it seems to me that your ilok key does not have a license. Confirm that using your ilok manager and if it isn't there, contact Avid again and tell them that you are unable to use the software you paid for.

MartinT 06-29-2017 05:47 AM

Thanks for responding, JFreak. Yeah, it is the case that the license isn't there when I log in to my ilok manager. I'm just waiting three days now and haven't been able to get a response from Avid; the case is in the queue. Hopefully they'll resolve it soon! Thanks, Martin.

maltastudio 06-29-2017 07:31 AM

I`m in the same boat ,
Avid seems to do this every year or so,they let us update the software before updating our ilock,
it sounds stupid but i am part of it cause i did this mistake a year ago and i did it again now.
maybe next year i`ll cheack the licence first.
Sooooo i`m waiting.

Peace.

jeffro 07-07-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinT (Post 2438088)
I renewed my annual subscription (with about two weeks to spare) and downloaded ProTools 12.8 from my Avid account. However, when I try to launch the application, a box tells me that "You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software"...

I see the licenses were redeposited 6/29 and activated, so just checking in to make sure you're up and running. ?

jeffro 07-07-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maltastudio (Post 2438154)
I`m in the same boat...

Looks like this was also handled last week via support case.

tgallino 07-11-2017 09:46 AM

I am having this issue also. My ilok shows a license for 12, but says I have none available

DigiTechSupt 07-11-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgallino (Post 2440479)
I am having this issue also. My ilok shows a license for 12, but says I have none available

Hi tgallino,
Please check your iLok Account through your iLok license Manager and activate the "Pro Tools Plan" license on your iLok. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Tope