Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PT 7.3 crashes when initializing Hardware (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=189625)

September 02-12-2007 08:25 AM

PT 7.3 crashes when initializing Hardware

Has any one had that problem. First of all I didn't want to upgrade to 7.x until it seemed to be stable, and now when I bought it it won't start up, it crashes when it is intializing the hardware. I believe i've tried the common things such as moving plugins, trashing prefs etc. I've got a G4 Dual 1.25 MDD, OSX 10.4.8. I've been running PT HD 6.4, 6.7 and 6.9.2 without problems on this same computer. Can anyone help on this.

DigiTechSupt 02-12-2007 09:05 AM

Re: PT 7.3 crashes when initializing Hardware

Which Digidesign hardware are you using? Of the troubleshooting steps you've been recommended, which ones have you tried specifically?

Stig Eliassen 02-12-2007 09:12 AM

If you think you've trashed all old preferences and updated/moved questionable plugins, you probably haven't.

I'd suggest following the setup and troubleshooting sticky to the letter. I know that this answer gets thrown around a lot by Digi and other users, but it really is the way to go.

September 02-12-2007 09:24 AM

I'm using the 96 I/O.

September 02-12-2007 09:32 AM

I did follow the installation manual very carefully and did everything by that book.
Then I even tried to take all of the plugins from it's folder, needless to say that didn't work either.
I re-installed the 6.9.2 and that worked fine as it has in the past, then I installed the 7.3 again and same thing. I then tried to install the 7.3.1 and that didn't help which is no surprice really.

DigiTechSupt 02-12-2007 09:45 AM

Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall? By 'clean' I mean running the uninstallers and, if given the option between 'safe' and 'clean', choosing 'clean'.

Do you get any error messages or does Pro Tools just not launch?

Have you done ALL the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum?

September 02-12-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall? By 'clean' I mean running the uninstallers and, if given the option between 'safe' and 'clean', choosing 'clean'.

Yeps

Quote:

Do you get any error messages or does Pro Tools just not launch?

I get the little fancy window with the PT logo and the meter that says where I'm at in launching the program. The first thing that comes up there is Initializing Hardware. Then everything stops, I get the Little clock thingy and then; The application Pro Tools 7.3 quit unexpectedly. Mac osx..........

Quote:

Have you done ALL the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum?

All that apply