Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Free PT 11 Upgrade with new Eleven Rack? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340069)

sanjaydas7 06-18-2013 08:54 PM

Free PT 11 Upgrade with new Eleven Rack?

Hi,

I have a question.. I am buying a eleven rack this week, i dont know when the stock arrived at this store, but it is coming with PT10, Now if i just register, does it mean i have bought it then... or should i buy the new stock of PT10+elevenrack that was shipped after april 7 2013..?? the box shold contain a iLok, eleven rack... wont the ilok be linked to pt10 by default?? will i qualify for a free PT11 upgrade whenever it arrives?? please help..

i dont wantt o buy elevenrack with pt10 and realise later that i cannot upgrade free to pt11.

thanks, much appreciated.

nst7 06-18-2013 09:54 PM

Re: Free PT 11 Upgrade with new Eleven Rack?

Don't worry. You will definitely get PT11 (with the license for 10 as well).

As long as it's any of the new boxes of the last couple of years that come with the Expansion Pack and the Ilok 2 (it should just say "Eleven Rack + Protools", as opposed to "Protools LE", which is the much older one).

In the box there is just a card with an activation code. That is what you register to get your software. Whatever Protools version is current at the time is what you get (which is PT11 and 10). In fact, if you waited to register it when Protools 12 came out, you'd actually get that.

As for the Ilok it's not linked to anything. It's a brand new Ilok just as if you bought a new one separately. It has no licenses on it until you sync it to your account and put some on there.

When you register the software activation code, they will ask for the name of your Ilok account, and they will send the license for PT11/10 to that account, where you will sync that Ilok and download that license to the Ilok.

Also, you will want to register the actual hardware unit. When you register both the hardware and software, you will get the 4 free plugins (there might be instructions via email or something).

JFreak 06-18-2013 11:17 PM

If you register PT10 now, you will get a PT11 complimentary upgrade. So if a retail box includes PT10 you're all good. Some really old boxes however could have older PT version in it, so be sure you get the PT10 or at the very least ask the dealer to have it in writing that you will get PT11 no matter what.

sanjaydas7 06-20-2013 12:30 AM

thank you ever so much for the clarification!! ordered the eleven rack.:-). Its shipped.

wil keep u updated after it arrives and i activate the PT10.

musicman691 06-20-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaydas7 (Post 2049439)
thank you ever so much for the clarification!! ordered the eleven rack.:-). Its shipped.

wil keep u updated after it arrives and i activate the PT10.

When you get your 11 Rack don't throw anything out until you're sure you have all the little bits and pieces and paperwork you need. There's a separate yellow piece of paper that has the 11 Rack registration code on it - this does NOT register Pro Tools. There should be a squarish box the general size of a cd and as thick as a couple of jewel cases - that has the ilok in it as well as the credit card sized card that has your Pro Tools serial/registration number on it. This card is black/purple and in my case was stuck to the inside of the box with a piece of sticky material in a place you'd never look to find it. I think this is done so it doesn't easily fall out but can drive you crazy looking for it.

Good luck with the 11 Rack - I think you'll like it.