Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Installation Script for Additional Value Content Plug-ins included with Pro Tools HD (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=373239)

Marco Bernardo 10-19-2015 06:27 AM

Installation Script for Additional Value Content Plug-ins included with Pro Tools HD

As we all know, Avid are giving away some plugins for normal users with support plan active.

It's a pain installing them all, open 17 dmgs for Vanilla users and 27 for HD users, install them, write 17/27 times the admin password, and some more clicks doing next and continue and finally the close app.

I made a script that help's to install all the plugins at once. Just follow the instructions.

Bad news this is only for Mac users, (I'm a Mac, sorry)

1- Download all installers to one Folder (ex: ~/Downloads/Plugins)
2- Download the script below and unzipped
3- open terminal and type
4- cd ~/Downloads (case sensitive)
5- sudo ./InstallAvidPlugins_PTv01_local.sh - then it will ask for your computer password
6- put your password (computer)
7- When it asks where are the DMG's are, drag n drop the folder to the terminal window
8- hit enter and let it do his work.

it will ask for your admin password just type it and hit enter

old update: the script now unmount all plugins DMGs
new update: the same script now works Pro Tools "vanilla" and HD

Download here the script

Hope it helps.

Regards,

anotherchrisperry 11-09-2015 01:16 PM

Re: Installation Script for Additional Value Content Plug-ins included with Pro Tools

Thank You! Great time saver. :-)

Southsidemusic 11-09-2015 01:43 PM

Re: Installation Script for Additional Value Content Plug-ins included with Pro Tools

This is a fantastic script and we are very thankful you shared this with the forum Marco :-)

Marco Bernardo 11-10-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherchrisperry (Post 2309753)
Thank You! Great time saver. :-)

Thanks, nice that you like it.

Peterjk 12-29-2015 02:40 AM

Is there a page, where I can find all 25 "free" plugins to download from, I wonder?

Marco Bernardo 12-29-2015 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterjk (Post 2323649)
Is there a page, where I can find all 25 "free" plugins to download from, I wonder?

Hi,

Check your Avid account under My products. You have all installers there to download, not all at once, but it's quite easy download.

Even if you download from the Avid Application Manager, you have access to the installers.

I'm on a Mac but in Windows it must have something similar.

On MAC /Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Downloads

Happy Holidays & regards,

YYR123 12-30-2015 10:31 PM

you are the man....really cool stuff.

I just installed all of them with this on my fresh install of 10.10.5

Cheers Mate....

Marco Bernardo 12-31-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2324206)
you are the man....really cool stuff.

I just installed all of them with this on my fresh install of 10.10.5

Cheers Mate....

Cheers and Happy New year

Marco Bernardo 01-28-2017 03:12 PM

The script was updated...

Check the first post.