Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=257999)

Benoni 10-28-2009 09:47 PM

The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread

KrazieKraze 10-29-2009 03:53 AM

Re: The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread

"It crashed because the 1394 driver was not compatible with 003 driver during install, after I changed it to Legacy , all was well."

What do you mean by changed it to Legacy? And was this on 64 bit Win 7?

jazzmandan 10-29-2009 04:34 AM

Great thread, keep it comin and be sure to clarify 32 or 64 bit.

My Vista 64 bit has been been less than delightful. While PT 8.0.1 gets up and goes, there have been problems with Plugins (GR4 and Melodyne) which I have not been able to solve. So like many Win7 maybe our next option.

marmotman 10-29-2009 05:20 AM

Installing Win7 on a mate's system this afternoon to see how it handles PTLE 8.0.1 and the plugs - 4GB - best to go with 64bit then I assume? :confused:

marmotman 10-29-2009 05:29 AM

And how to I create a dual boot system to keep it in the two modes (1 for audio, 1 for t'interweb, photoshop etc etc)?

I've looked all over for an instruction for this but can Win 7 just "do it" as an option during install or is there some other software or program I need to do this?

CHAAAARS!

fredto1 10-29-2009 05:40 AM

So I just upgraded my OS from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium and I also am using Pro Tools LE 7.4cs10 with my Mbox Mini. Upgrade went well and all of my programs are working great except for PT. I've been looking around but not finding anything on my issue.

ISSUE: I've clicked and right clicked "run as admin" but the same thing happens, it does something for a while and then PT never actually opens. I've pulled up the "Task Manager" and under the "Processes" TAB, it shows PT running but under the "Applications" TAB there is no sign of it.
When I keep opening it from the icon on the desktop or from the icon in the "Program Folder", a new protools.exe pulls up under the Processes TAB, Ive hit the icon 5 times and there are 5 protools.exe in the Processes TAB.

I am pulling my hair out here....is there anyone with the same issue or some answers to this??:confused:
Please Help!

flautista 10-29-2009 07:19 AM

I working now in WIN 7 Protools 8.0.1
whith all stuff included and waves diamond 5.2 and L3 no problems
I installed in HP NW9440 laptop
DIGI 003 y MBOX2 PRO both devices works fine
Legacy Firewire driver
Onlything i had to trick waves install.
IE 8 is not a problem for me.

Naga 10-29-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flautista (Post 1487394)
I working now in WIN 7 Protools 8.0.1
whith all stuff included and waves diamond 5.2 and L3 no problems
I installed in HP NW9440 laptop
DIGI 003 y MBOX2 PRO both devices works fine
Legacy Firewire driver
Onlything i had to trick waves install.
IE 8 is not a problem for me.

Where are you guys getting this legacy firewire driver? I'm on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit and while pro tools will start no sound is coming out.

I'm think somewhere I heard that it doesn't like the firewire on the 003, so how are you guys getting around that?

paulrgmusic 10-29-2009 05:15 PM

Hi all

I just thought I'd let you know how my Windows 7 / Pro Tools experiment is going.

I have Win 7 64 installed and love it. I have just finished installing PT8cs3 and (I hope I don't regret saying this!!!) it seems to be working absolutely beautifully. Quick, smooth and the system usage results are significantly lower than before on my old XP partition.

Please note that I have not installed any of the non-standard plugins yet but xpand2, DB33, Boom, Vacuum and Mini Grand seem to be playing the game so far.

I'll update if and when I get Structure LE, Transfuser, Ozone 4, RealStrat, Miroslav Philharmonik, Strike, EZ Drummer, Hybrid, M-Tron Pro, Pod Farm and Melodyne installed successfully.

If this all works I will be a very happy man! :D

Paul

jazzmandan 10-29-2009 05:43 PM

You go Paul, keep us updated.

Also please consider adding a little info on your rig in your signature so we have an idea of your setup.