Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   unable to find audio interface attached to the first HD card (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=206524)

saki 10-01-2007 06:48 PM

unable to find audio interface attached to the first HD card

Hi, I just installed my new system which consists of the following:

96 I/O
G5 Mac with OSX 10.4.8
Pro Tools HD 7.3.1
Core Card
Accel Card

I made sure that the cards are in the right slots (Core Card sits in slot 2 and the accel card sits in slot 3; they are connected correctly with the ribbon - this has been verified with DigiSetup: Both cards passed.).

The interface is connected to the Core card via the DigiLink cable from the interfaces PRIMARY PORT.

When I boot up Pro Tools I get the message: "Unable to find an Audio Interface attached to the first HD card. Please check power and digilink cables. Click OK to rescan"

I scanned the internet to see what solutions are out there and found nothing that was of any help: I deleted all the preferences related to Pro Tools and I made sure that the cards are in their correct slots. I did hear about something to do with a firmware update but couldn't find any details that would be of any use for me.

Can someone please enlighten me with what is going on here? Much appreciated.

docric 10-01-2007 08:30 PM

Re: unable to find audio interface attached to the first HD card

1st thing I'd try is a different digilink cable.
2nd would be to re-seat your core card.

If neither of those fix it, I'm not sure what to suggest...
We get this error message frequently, but it appeared only after using
3rd party I/O's (Mytek & Lynx) simultaneously.

Never been able to determine the reason for it in our a
system.
Man. I feel your pain.

IHTH

RobMacki 10-01-2007 08:32 PM

Is the light ring around the power button green or yellow?
Did you power the interface before booting the Mac?

If green and yes then I would use the free application at the top of the forum to trash all prefs. If the problem persists beyond that, I'd call tech support.

If the light ring is yellow then you most likely have a connection/hardware issue.

JFreak 10-02-2007 12:57 AM

Re: unable to find audio interface attached to the first HD

Does PT recognize the interface if you connect it to the Accel card? If it does, you most probably have the flexcable installed backwards.

saki 10-02-2007 02:02 PM

Thank you for your replies.

I tried a different cable and that did not solve the problem

The light on the IO is green... I cannot find the free app that trashes the prefs. Can you specify its location?

The interface is recognized when I plug the link cable to the Accel card which may mean that the flex card is connected backwards. But when I had the flex card connected in reverse, I was getting DAE errors and crashes in Digi Test. The way its connected now passes with Digi Test so I don't think I have my flex cable connected in reverse... although I found that the instructions for connecting the flex cable to be quite unintuitive.

saki 10-02-2007 02:19 PM

Wow... I changed the flex cable to how I had it when I failed Digi Test and now it's fine. Not only that, it passed Digi Test.

Thank you all again for you input.

Saki

2fly 10-02-2007 02:23 PM

Hi

Have you checked to make sure your cable is plugged into the primary port and not the expansion port on the back of the 96 (they are indentical sockets...i've done it myself!)

here's the link

http://web.mac.com/jcdeshaies/Delete...Bienvenue.html

RobMacki 10-02-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

I cannot find the free app that trashes the prefs. Can you specify its location?

here

vybechyle 04-30-2010 07:47 PM

I am having the same problem. My 192 are not being recognized at all when launching PT7.4 cs10 PT is passing the digitest. Help anyone.