Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Windows HDN Users, How's It Going? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=319439)

tiMack 03-16-2012 04:32 PM

Windows HDN Users, How's It Going?

I've been lurking here for a while, trying to get a feel for how Windows Native users have been fairing.... but, it's been very quiet.

I know there have been issues with Native for both Windows and Mac, and that's really all I've heard about.

Would any of you fine folks care to share your experience so far with Native? Anyone using it every day with little or no problems? It would be nice to hear that Windows users have been too busy working to brag about how great their systems are working:D

I've been a Mac user for years, but I've been seriously thinking about making the switch... Native and a new computer build seem like a great opportunity (tired of paying the MM - Mac Markup).

Many Thanks, Tim

filosofem 03-16-2012 08:16 PM

Re: Windows HDN Users, How's It Going?

HD Native card or Pro Tools software? These really are two different beasts. HD Native card performs as designed with little or no issues. Pro Tools software on thee other hand is the same as any other Pro Tools software version. I think you are more concerned with Pro Tools software running on Windows. Would I be right? Pro Tools 8.5 was a solid release. There should be no issues running Windows 7 SP1 and Pro Tools 8.5. Pro Tools 9 is getting a little loose in my opinion however Pro Tools 9.0.3 would be the most reliable. Pro Tools 10 still in my opinion needs work for a professional.

zion 03-17-2012 03:40 AM

Everything Still great here on HDN and Protools10.0.1
I don't report here much because I'm not having any issue and I'm Working
on many projects. Still very please with HDN and 10. It was a wise decision. :cool:

tiMack 03-18-2012 10:14 AM

Thanks for the quick replies.

I am concerned about how PT runs on Windows, but also the overall experience of a Native system.

Do you run out of processing power, or is that not an issue with a fast computer? Do you feel like you have to do anything differently than you would on a TDM/HDX system, meaning with a host based system there are some compromises?

It is encouraging that you guys seem to be working with little problems.

Thanks again

filosofem 03-18-2012 06:14 PM

Personally, I've always been using native so comparisons I cannot do. As you mentioned the only concern with native is native power. The latest and greatest does suit a native system. Currently I run an Intel X58 chipset and can often find the wall with a full board of plug-ins. X58 (Tylersburg) was release Nov 2008. X79 (Patsburg) X58 predecessor was released Nov 2011. Native users are moving to Intel X79 chipset with success.

papoo 03-29-2012 10:17 AM

Is any body have success with Asus sabertooth X58 for long days totry to make my HD Native and omni works Avid support let me know that only some PC are compatible......
What MB will works with HD Native?

My system
Asus Sabertooth X58 I7 980X 24 GO ram SSD Intel 520 UAD Quad
This system works perfectly with Protools 10 and my old 002.

But not with PTHD 10 HD NATIVE and OMNI

Thanks for your help

filosofem 03-30-2012 11:47 AM

Remove the UAD card, what happens?

papoo 03-30-2012 12:43 PM

it's same

filosofem 03-30-2012 12:48 PM

Hmmm... try moving the Native card to a different PCIe slot.

papoo 03-30-2012 02:12 PM

no effect
i think i try everything, is somebody have a asus sabertooth X58 motherboard working with hd native card, or sobebody haxe a X58 working with hd native with witch motherboard?
Thanks