Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310000)

Paul Fang 10-24-2011 12:56 PM

PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Hi Guys,

I wonder if the PCIx card could upgrade to HDX? cost the same?
My client just upgrade to the PCIe last month.
Some of the just did the exchange this year.

Does that mean they have to pay exact the same price as PCI-x card owner.
Seems not fair to them. They just upgrade to PCIe and PT9....

drumster 10-24-2011 01:04 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the DUC. The prices for the exchange program from HD Accel to HDX are exactly the same regardless of whether you are a PCIx user or a PCIe user. Thus, if you have an HD3 PCIx system the price to upgrade to HDX is $5999.

Hope this helps!

ledogboy 10-24-2011 01:51 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
That would have been a perfectly decent deal for me. Unfortunately, Avid took thousands of dollars from us six months ago for the privilege of "upgrading" to PCI-E. How's this- I'll return the cards (in their original packaging!) and you can give me my old cards, and my money back. Then I'll gladly exchange my PCI-X cards for an HDX. Sound good?


This is lousy....

mgoorevich 10-24-2011 02:02 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumster (Post 1851177)
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the DUC. The prices for the exchange program from HD Accel to HDX are exactly the same regardless of whether you are a PCIx user or a PCIe user. Thus, if you have an HD3 PCIx system the price to upgrade to HDX is $5999.

Hope this helps!

I got a quote from my local Avid dealer HD3 Accel + 192 i/o = HDX + Omni + $6800

audioluche 10-24-2011 02:16 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgoorevich (Post 1851240)
I got a quote from my local Avid dealer HD3 Accel + 192 i/o = HDX + Omni + $6800

Hi,
Should it be 5999$?

This is what i saw everywere:

Hd3 accel + interface to HDX and omni = 5999$
Add 1000$ and you have a HD 8 i/o

Hope this can help you, i am 99.9% sure i'm right about this!

Cheers

Luc

Greg M 10-24-2011 03:26 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Should that equation be:

HD3 Accel + 192 I/O + $6,800 = HDX + Omni

i.e. you give = you get

(Maybe the $6,800 should be $5,999)

Somehow, when you write out the equation you wonder if the equal sign is right:-).

Greg

Paul Fang 10-24-2011 03:31 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Thx guys for the answer.


As an Avid reseller, I reli donno how to let client know this situation.
When they upgrade from HD3 PCIx to PCIe last few months, spent $3,795..Looks like the juicy last chance to upgrade their system at that moment, & seems like a fool now. If they just wait for a while , some of their HD9 even haven't been registered yet cause they wanna wait for new mac.

Pro Tools|HD 3 Accel to Pro Tools|HD 3 Accel (PCIe)
$3,795.00

drumster 10-24-2011 04:40 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
That's a really unfortunate situation your client is in along with a few others who finally made the jump to PCIe Accel cards. Knowing what we know now, it would have been better if Avid had never brought that deal back, despite all the complaining about taking it off the table. This one falls under the "be careful what you ask for" category. Those that crossgraded from PCIx to HD Native fared a whole lot better in my opinion.

ronwasserman 10-24-2011 06:47 PM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledogboy (Post 1851226)
That would have been a perfectly decent deal for me. Unfortunately, Avid took thousands of dollars from us six months ago for the privilege of "upgrading" to PCI-E. How's this- I'll return the cards (in their original packaging!) and you can give me my old cards, and my money back. Then I'll gladly exchange my PCI-X cards for an HDX. Sound good?


This is lousy....

That sucks! Perhaps if you can organize a group in the same situation Avid would cut you all a deal. Certainly worth a try and there is power in numbers.

Paul Fang 10-25-2011 02:55 AM

Re: PCIx or PCIe to HDX excahnge?
 
Thx for all ur opinions.

Donno if there're other users who just upgrade to PCIe after June?
Maybe we should let Avid know how unfair it is.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com