Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Unresponsive / sleepy fader fix (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404746)

fsavell 05-15-2019 05:02 PM

Unresponsive / sleepy fader fix

Other than power cycling the S3, has anyone found a solution to wake up unresponsive faders?

Forrester

EddieJones 05-16-2019 07:41 AM

Re: Unresponsive / sleepy fader fix

Are you running the latest soft/firmware ?

Gordon Hookailo 05-16-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsavell (Post 2525945)
Other than power cycling the S3, has anyone found a solution to wake up unresponsive faders?

Forrester

Sometimes the S3/Dock/Control will get all wonky (a fader not working or o-leds getting dim). S3 sometimes shows wrong info for a send (like the send is on when it's not). The fix here is to power cycle all eucon devices. The power switch on my dock doesn't turn off the dock! I have all on one power strip to make restarting easier.

fsavell 05-22-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2526024)
Are you running the latest soft/firmware ?

Hey Eddie, yes running 19.5.0.514REL and PT2019.5 Ultimate HDX2. Its been happening since I bought the S3 though.

Its not often (maybe twice per week) that a fader completely stops responding. Doesn't matter what mode I change the S3 to, whether its viewing sends, faders or what tracks are selected. As far as I can tell, its a different fader every time, so I'm not too concerned that its necessarily a faulty fader, mostly likely a software thing? But it completely stops responding until I power cycle the S3. Haven't found any software solution to reset this issue.

Right now whatever that fader is set to, doesn't not respond at all (i.e. no volume control on that track).

Forrester

EddieJones 05-23-2019 09:10 AM

Usually, they stop once they lose contacts (dirt on the tracks). keep an eye out and make a note of which noes and see if there's a pattern. You could try blowing some air down the ones that fail the most.

fsavell 05-23-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2526890)
Usually, they stop once they lose contacts (dirt on the tracks). keep an eye out and make a note of which noes and see if there's a pattern. You could try blowing some air down the ones that fail the most.

Thanks Eddie, i'll try that next time.

Rajsmoove 07-17-2019 04:13 PM

Get some contact cleaner from Lowes or Home Depot

I had a sleepy fader that I replaced a few years ago. Then another one started dropping off. I ordered two extras and as soon as they came, the fader started working again, then would randomly fall off but it was never completely dead. I worked in some contact cleaner and it has been solid for the last few weeks. Hope this helps somebody else!