Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Play and stay in b/g possible? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417422)

Frank Kruse 10-18-2021 10:05 AM

Play and stay in b/g possible?

Hi,

is there a way to keep PT in the b/g when hitting play on any of the Eucon transport options?
This happens whenever you have a selection in PT for loop playback. It stays in the b/g when using back+play (which clears the selection) or when you don't have a selection.

Would be great to start/stop PT and loop while it's in the b/g and not have it pop to the front. (while browsing sounds in Soundminer at the same time for example.

Thanks!

F.

lucas f. 10-18-2021 10:56 AM

Re: Play and stay in b/g possible?

There's is an option in eucon to lock the surface to an application..

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk

Frank Kruse 10-18-2021 10:58 AM

Yeah, I meant the PT edit window popping to the foreground. It does that only when a selection is active in PT and you hit play on the EC transport.

originalscottyg 10-19-2021 08:43 AM

I am also on PTHDn 2021.7 (OSX10.14.6) on a MacBook Pro with a Dock + S1 on the latest EuCon, and I can press play on the Dock with an active selection and Pro Tools in the background or even hidden, and it doesn't jump to the front. Could this have something to do with Rewire?

EDIT: Scratch the rewire idea, I just tried it with Soundminer and rewire active and the behavior didn't change.

Frank Kruse 10-19-2021 10:11 AM

Thanks for testing this!
Yeah, I don't use rewire with SM. Strange that it doesn't do that on your system. I can reproduce this on 2 rigs over here. One with 21.7 and current EC and S1 and the other with 21.7, current EC and Artist Mix.
Can you try and turn loop mode on? I doubt that changes things but that's the mode I'm using. I don't have a Dock though so it could that.

Thanks again!

Frank

originalscottyg 10-19-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kruse (Post 2616433)
Thanks for testing this!
Yeah, I don't use rewire with SM. Strange that it doesn't do that on your system. I can reproduce this on 2 rigs over here. One with 21.7 and current EC and S1 and the other with 21.7, current EC and Artist Mix.
Can you try and turn loop mode on? I doubt that changes things but that's the mode I'm using. I don't have a Dock though so it could that.

Thanks again!

Frank

Do you mean loop playback? I just tried with that on and nothing changed. I also tried using the transport on the iPad, rather than the buttons on the Dock. No change. What are you using for transport buttons?

Frank Kruse 10-19-2021 12:29 PM

Yes loop playback. I have so far tried the transport buttons on the control app and I have play/stop and back+play set as softkeys on the S1. All have the same behaviour.

originalscottyg 10-19-2021 02:07 PM

That's strange. I's all working fine here.

JR Fountain 10-20-2021 06:05 AM

FWIW mine works fine with PT in the background here too.

Frank Kruse 10-20-2021 07:00 AM

Thank you both. It's weird, today it hasn't been happening all day. Maybe it was an esoteric glitch. Seems fine now. No popping to the front. I haven't changes anything :rolleyes: On the other rig however is IS happening. Really weird.

Frank.