Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   No way to organize plugins? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409011)

zakkwylde13 03-22-2020 04:45 AM

No way to organize plugins?

Hi Guys

Man, I would love to be able to organize my plugins. I have sooo many, and I need them all but 90% of the time I am using the same 10. Have any of you found a way to organize plugins better?

Is there any way to make a folder somewhere on the Mac that pro tools can read?

Sardi 03-22-2020 05:04 AM

Re: No way to organize plugins?

You can add them to your favourites list and they will appear at the top of the plug in list.

You’re on a Mac, so if you Command click the plugin in the list, it should be added as a favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkwylde13 03-22-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2557852)
You can add them to your favourites list and they will appear at the top of the plug in list.

You’re on a Mac, so if you Command click the plugin in the list, it should be added as a favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sardi! I didn't know this! This helps a lot :)

albee1952 03-22-2020 02:02 PM

For Windows users, its Ctrl-click. You should also start using Track Presets. That can add ALL your desired plugins to a track with a single command:D But wait! There's MORE:p:p:p The recently added search feature can save lots of scrolling:o

zakkwylde13 03-23-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2557897)
For Windows users, its Ctrl-click. You should also start using Track Presets. That can add ALL your desired plugins to a track with a single command:D But wait! There's MORE:p:p:p The recently added search feature can save lots of scrolling:o

Yeah, I use all of that, but actually didn't know of the favourite plugins thing. Very nice.

albee1952 03-25-2020 03:59 PM

Once you get into habits(like the rest of us;)), you may also find that there are a lot of plugins that you don't really care about. If you drag those out of the Plugins folder(I would move them to a new folder on the desktop) and they will not take up space on the lists(and PT loading may speed up a bit if you removed a lot). Any time you decide you need one of those, just drag it back into the Plugins folder before opening PT:D

smurfyou 03-29-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2558322)
Once you get into habits(like the rest of us;)), you may also find that there are a lot of plugins that you don't really care about. If you drag those out of the Plugins folder(I would move them to a new folder on the desktop) and they will not take up space on the lists(and PT loading may speed up a bit if you removed a lot). Any time you decide you need one of those, just drag it back into the Plugins folder before opening PT:D

I do this like twice a year at least. If I can't remember the last time I loaded it it goes in the bin.