Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   The Drum Room (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Drum samples for Sound Replacer (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=262446)

Blackers 12-26-2009 09:27 AM

Drum samples for Sound Replacer

Hi friends!
Where can i find drums samples to use in Sound Replacer?
It would be necessary archives in 24 48 Kz.
Any help will appreciated.
Thanx!

albee1952 12-26-2009 08:02 PM

Re: Drum samples for Sound Replacer

I make my own. Open ezdrummer or SD2 on an instrument track, pick a good kit and bus to an audio track. Record the drums you like(1 hit each, or more if you like to have different velocities). Use Tab to Transient to trim the leading edge, trim and fade the end and export to a handy folder. I have folders with at least a dozen samples for each shell(Bass, Snare, several toms, sidestick and plenty of cymbals, all sorted into separate folders).

Blackers 12-27-2009 04:06 AM

Thanx for the tip mate.:D

sunburst79 12-27-2009 06:59 AM

The Sound Replacer Drum libraries used to all be available for download on the Sound Replacer page.....

Blackers 12-27-2009 03:41 PM

Oh nice,gonna check it out.
Thanx Sunburst.:-)

markus44uk 12-31-2009 07:55 AM

Can't seem to find a Sound Replacer page that has sample downloads. Can someone point me to where it is?

Thanks

Blackers 01-02-2010 11:22 AM

I'm also searching for this page.Any result i will let you know.:-)

federico 02-06-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1520765)
I make my own. Open ezdrummer or SD2 on an instrument track, pick a good kit and bus to an audio track. Record the drums you like(1 hit each, or more if you like to have different velocities). Use Tab to Transient to trim the leading edge, trim and fade the end and export to a handy folder. I have folders with at least a dozen samples for each shell(Bass, Snare, several toms, sidestick and plenty of cymbals, all sorted into separate folders).

Hi, do you mean you don't use the soundreplacer? Or do you still use it to trigger the sound you copied from EZD2?

Thanks.

albee1952 02-07-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by federico (Post 2473726)
Hi, do you mean you don't use the soundreplacer? Or do you still use it to trigger the sound you copied from EZD2?

Thanks.

When I did use Sound Replacer, this was my method for creating my own samples. You can use any wave file, so I was describing how you can create your own. The same method will work with any virtual instrument, or you could also record your own drum sounds(with or without processing) for use in sound Replacer. Having said that, SR is quite old and pretty lame when compared to the newer drum replacement options, such as:
Slate Trigger
Drumagog
Superior Drummer 3(watch some videos on this plugin's "Tracker" feature as its a game changer):D

WernerF 02-12-2018 05:06 PM

Totally agree with albee1952 that Soundreplacer is pretty outdated these days. Trigger and other tools are WAY more realistic sounding. One of the reasons is that Trigger, and any modern replacement plugin, trigger multiple layers of samples and velocities. The triggering one merely a single sample will give you the machine gun effect on fills for one example. There are demo's of any of these more modern plugins. Probably is worth it to at least check them out.