Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Good Night Captain:( (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=95140)

silence_of_stone 01-23-2004 11:31 AM

Good Night Captain:(

We 're gonna miss you..

Gene Backlin 01-23-2004 11:35 AM

Re: Good Night Captain:(

Man, we just lost Ray Rayner too....Not a good start to the year...

silence_of_stone 01-23-2004 11:40 AM

I guess its how it goes...its still sad.
I really was surprized though... I thought he was much older... when I was a little kid I thought he was ancient way back then.
We should all hope to be remembered like the Captain was though.

nightshadecrisis 01-23-2004 11:49 AM

could someone fill me in on what happened?
thanks, this sounds sad...

-ev

Gene Backlin 01-23-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

When Fred Rogers, the gentle host of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," died last year, Keeshan recalled how they often spoke about the state of children's programming, according to the AP.

"I don't think it's any secret that Fred and I were not very happy with the way children's television had gone," Keeshan said.

I couldn't agree more...When I was a child, we did not have a TV so radio was it. When TV finally came into our house B&W of course, Captain was solid FUN. No galactic battles, no saving the earth from total annihilation (Flash Gordon had that well under control), just a FUN time...

dat-dat-dat-DA-dat-dat-dat-DA-dadidda-da-di-da-da-da...

nightshadecrisis 01-23-2004 11:55 AM

oh wow, just read about it...thats terrible. he'll be missed.....

ev

silence_of_stone 01-23-2004 11:55 AM

ev,
Bob Keeshan was Captain Kangaroo, a childrens tv show host. I am not sure exactly when the show went off the air but most people under 30 probably never got to see it when they were kids. It was just good wholesome childrens programming, sweet-natured, non indoctinating, non political, and good hearted early morning show for kids. I used to watch it in the old days too...

Mr Greenjeans was my favorite character on the show:)

Gene Backlin 01-23-2004 12:06 PM

I still have my 78's of him singing with Mr. Greenjeans.

Quote:

Hey there Captain can't you see, there's a horse in striped pajamas...that is what people call a Zebra, I see but it still looks like a horse in striped pajamas to me...

Take Care,
Gene

tele_player 01-23-2004 04:04 PM

Capt. Kangaroo was on for 36 years, starting in 1955 (from things I've just read). I watched it in the early years.

Quote:

ev,
Bob Keeshan was Captain Kangaroo, a childrens tv show host. I am not sure exactly when the show went off the air but most people under 30 probably never got to see it when they were kids. It was just good wholesome childrens programming, sweet-natured, non indoctinating, non political, and good hearted early morning show for kids. I used to watch it in the old days too...

Mr Greenjeans was my favorite character on the show:)

nikki-k 01-23-2004 07:13 PM

Fred, now the Capt...my childhood is slowly dting, reminding me once again of my own mortality...not enough time, just not enough damn time...

I still watch Mr Roger's Nbrhd once in awhile. Yep, a kid at heart then, and now.

Mr Greenjeans was my fav too! I loved the rumor that he was actually Ted Nugent's dad.

Guess eBay will see a swell of "millionth time copied" Capt Kang. shows now..might have to grab at least one or two- loL!