Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New User - Digi002 Level Setting - Guitar input (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=92216)

rlporter5 12-21-2003 07:41 PM

New User - Digi002 Level Setting - Guitar input

This is a great looking forum. Please excuse my newbie question - thank you!

Hi - I just bought a Digi002 and the software protools LE it came with. I've read everything, I have a fair amount of experience with guitars, amps, etc. and a lot of computer experience. I'm starting simple, just want to lay down some acoustic guitar tracks. My guitar using a Fishman blender, and I have it set for pickup mode (vs. mic). I have it plugged into input 1 with a 1/4 cord. I created a new track for this input, set up an aux track for level setting. I'm using headphones to monitor levels for now. I record enable the track. My problem is I get no levels indicated on the software mix window and I can't hear anything on the headphones. I've adjusted the gains, and I've tried about every switch setting I can. I know it's something stupid - what am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your patience.

Spoony 12-21-2003 08:54 PM

Re: New User - Digi002 Level Setting - Guitar input

Sorry, i dont really have an answer for you on this one, im just starting out myself. Im just curious as to why you open up another Aux track to set the volume on top of an audio track to record the guitar onto.

rlporter5 12-21-2003 09:15 PM

I used the aux per the directions to have something to set the level with - this seems redundant to me as well. I am just trying to get the system to recognize an input of any type, and give me a level.

thanks for asking - anybody else have some suggestions - I'm sure I have just over looked something!

stewie 12-21-2003 09:23 PM

set the input to mic/line1 . and record enable the track.

GregJ 12-21-2003 09:25 PM

Go to the 'operations' menu at the top of the screen.
Click on it and select 'input only monitor.'
Maybe this is what you need.

GregJ

tele_player 12-21-2003 09:40 PM

Just to be clear, you don't need to create an AUX channel for 'level setting', I can't imagine where that came from, but it's a misunderstanding for sure.

Matt Whritenour 12-22-2003 07:02 AM

Quote:

set the input to mic/line1 . and record enable the track.

he might not have it plugged into input one

so make sure you have the input in pro tools
set correctly to what u pluged it into on the 002

Maybe your hardware buffer size is too low for your computer
go to i think its the harddware drop down then playback options
and set your hardware buffersize higher

and also you dont need the AUX track

and if your plugging it into inputs 1-4 on the back of the 002
with a 1?4" u need to make sure you have it on line input instead
of mic input