Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   TPKD driver???? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=175626)

mastermorris 08-27-2006 07:39 AM

TPKD driver????

When I boot up protools it says that I have to update the TPKD driver?? What is this and how do I update it?

Rob

BFrederick 08-27-2006 07:49 AM

Re: TPKD driver????

Go to paceap.com and download the latest driver for your system. This is Interlock driver-related. I had the same problem after installing Time Shift onto PTMP and this download resolved the issue.

Tim1 09-05-2006 09:22 AM

I had the same problem & solved it by reinstalling PT.
Tim

Parisstudio 09-05-2006 03:20 PM

Yes, just install the latest Pace update.

Parisstudio 09-05-2006 03:20 PM

Yes, just install the latest Pace update.

Parisstudio 09-05-2006 03:21 PM

D/L Pace update

sunburst79 09-05-2006 07:59 PM

I'm having the same problem after installing the Music Production Toolkit. I've downloaded the latest drivers from the PACE site, I followed the llnk from searching the Digidesign site downloaded those drivers from PACE . All of my iLok drivers are up to date... I've reinstalled the MPTK, the Factory Pack the Ignition Pack and all off the other Plugs in the MPTK (TL space etc...). Any body have any idea what to try next? I'm running XP home.

sunburst79 09-09-2006 02:08 PM

Well I went back and uninstalled everthing DIGI on my system, I reinstalled everything all over again, Protools 7.1, Ignition Pack, The MPT, TL space ETC. Restarting the the System and Relaunching PT each time and everything is fine untill you install the Free Time Shift Plugin, Thats when The "Updated TPkd driver and reboot needed" Error code shows up. The Signal Tools Plug that was released at the same time is fine. Anybody have any other ideas on eliminating the Error Message when launching Protools?

SB79

BFrederick 09-09-2006 11:49 PM

Read what everything says above. Go to www.paceap.com. Download the latest drivers for your operating system.

sunburst79 09-19-2006 12:23 PM

I just thought I would post an update becuase it may help someone else.

After completely reloading ALL of my DAW software (Accross 2 partitions-Xtra fun!) I had determined that it was specificly the TIME SHIFT plug causing the TPkd Driver error.

I had of course installed the updated TPkd Driver from PACE several times to no avail before comepletely reinstalling all of My DAW software, Plugins, ETC.

The solution (At least in my particular case) was to run the PACE installer again. Select REMOVE instead of INSTALL. Run the PACE installer Again select INSTALL and reboot.

You must remove the old driver completely before you install the updated driver.

Hopefully this saves someone some time.