Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Missing Presets! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403121)

MindDead 01-27-2019 04:57 PM

Missing Presets!

Where are my missing presets for all my Avid plugins? Any help would be much appreciated:confused:.

musicman691 01-28-2019 04:53 AM

Re: Missing Presets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindDead (Post 2514418)
Where are my missing presets for all my Avid plugins? Any help would be much appreciated:confused:.

You know what would help? How about some system info? Without that nobody can answer.

MindDead 01-28-2019 11:53 AM

Windows 10 64bit. Need anything else more specific?

DonaldM 01-28-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindDead (Post 2514497)
Windows 10 64bit. Need anything else more specific?

It would help to know what precipitated the issue. Were all your presets there during one session, and then disappeared when you opened a new session? Or, did the issue arise after a reboot of your system?

Were any changes made to your OS. Windows did a recent update, for example. Did you notice the issue before or after that update?

Have you recently updated any of your plugins or PT?

What version of PT are you running?

Have you checked ALL your plugins, or just a few?

Have you taken any steps to locate them? If so, what did you do?

All that might help give a better idea of the issue you're having. More, rather than less, details on issues like this helps everyone here have a better idea how to help you. We're more than willing to help, but based on what you've told us so far, there's not enough to go on to be of much help to you.

MindDead 01-28-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2514505)
It would help to know what precipitated the issue. Were all your presets there during one session, and then disappeared when you opened a new session? Or, did the issue arise after a reboot of your system?

Fresh install of Pro tools 2018.12.0 No session since install has had presets. "Or, did the issue arise after a reboot of your system? no.

Were any changes made to your OS. Windows did a recent update, for example. Did you notice the issue before or after that update?

No.

Have you recently updated any of your plugins or PT?

All my plugins are up to date.

What version of PT are you running?

Have you checked ALL your plugins, or just a few? AIR efx don't show presets

Everything AVID makes.

Have you taken any steps to locate them? If so, what did you do? I may have the preset folders wrong...

All that might help give a better idea of the issue you're having. More, rather than less, details on issues like this helps everyone here have a better idea how to help you. We're more than willing to help, but based on what you've told us so far, there's not enough to go on to be of much help to you.

https://ibb.co/wJv85bN

Here's a picture of my User Media & Settings Location

DonaldM 01-29-2019 07:05 AM

Thanks for the additional info. I'm not in my studio today to check on the folder structure. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that. Based on your reply, though, I can't see what make them just disappear.

You might do a file search with Windows for the preset names. I've found that helps me locate missing folders. In some cases I discovered I had inadvertently set up a new folder without realizing it or stuff like that.

MindDead 01-29-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2514604)
Thanks for the additional info. I'm not in my studio today to check on the folder structure. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that. Based on your reply, though, I can't see what make them just disappear.

You might do a file search with Windows for the preset names. I've found that helps me locate missing folders. In some cases I discovered I had inadvertently set up a new folder without realizing it or stuff like that.

I can find the preset folder, just can't seem to link them to the internal plugin presets.

DonaldM 01-30-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindDead (Post 2514652)
I can find the preset folder, just can't seem to link them to the internal plugin presets.

Just to be clear, are you talking about presets that you created yourself, or are you talking about the factory presets?

MindDead 02-02-2019 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2514732)
Just to be clear, are you talking about presets that you created yourself, or are you talking about the factory presets?

Factory presets.