Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shane bales, HEY! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=250691)

danander11 07-24-2009 02:16 AM

Shane bales, HEY!

OK.. Maybe they will let the fun side of this thread continue without the misanthropes jumping in with their childish and denigrating commentary...

(May I remind myself that "I" was the one that mentioned toilete water swirl direction?)

:D

TOM@METRO 07-24-2009 02:39 AM

Re: Shane bales, HEY!

I hope so; there were a lot of good thoughts being tossed round in between the antics.

rhythmtechnologies 07-24-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 1430713)
Yes lets see if people can offer constructive directions to Avid, and not another bitch fest with personal attacks.

ok

make protools work properly. there is no need for access violation errors, buffer underflows blah blah.. most of us are working off machines that smoke the competition (i7 920 here, with UAD and liquid mix). i can run cubase all day long without so much as a glitch (ok i know it has its bugs but they're nowhere in the league of PT).

having to upgrade my plugins (especially w*v*s) is a joke. if i want to use the plugs i paid for then that should be my choice.. especially in waves case - people shouldnt have to pay the WUP just so their plugs work in protools... i mean seriously, 5.9.7 isnt exactly a dinosaur of a waveshell.

listen to your customers. digi dont. its insulting as a paying customer.

implement features that we've been needing for years. I DONT CARE ABOUT HD. crippling LE doesnt make me want to go and buy a HD sytem, it just makes me think more and more of either going back to cubase or looking elsewhere. DIGI NEED TO GET OVER THE ILLUSION THAT HD IS THE BOMB. its not, its a joke at the moment.

have a good long look at your pricing. then cop the f**k on and come back to earth.. you may just make a few more sales with a reliable system and COMPETITIVE pricing.

that is all.

spkguitar 07-24-2009 07:36 AM

Wait... when did Shane become a farmer? Now he bales hay? :D;):cool:

Jenk2k 07-24-2009 07:50 AM

I've said this before, but I'm not bitter about having to trouble shoot problems. What I do get frustrated with is how cluttered the site is. It is annoying to have to drill down and see so much content that isnt relevant to your gear or your stuff. Everything is tracked with iLok and Mydigi...whats the problem? Why separate out mydigi from the normal site. Why not link relevant trouble shooting and updates from within my digi so that hte content is all specific to what you own?

The technical stuff sucks as well - ADC and offline bounce.

My opinion is that the market will take care of all of these things. It is also that there is a philosophical hubris ingrained in the company. They depend on the inertia of the fact that the industry uses pro tools, but others are stepping up. I dont have any plans to leave pro tools but as alternatives are developed, I won't have any choice but to consider them.

Fastermouse 07-24-2009 07:55 AM

Yeah, I'll go with you there, the web site is a nightmare. I think it leads to a lot of the uninformed questions that you guys have to answer. Oddly enough the DAW itself is so intuitive.
That is my problem with Reaper. It is so unintuitive. The drop down menus look like the Digi webmaster wrote it.

peppertree 07-24-2009 09:01 AM

It's all gallows humor at this point.

There are incoherent mumblings that L9 has hardware insert delay compensation. I may make a break for it.

guitardom 07-24-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppertree (Post 1430837)
It's all gallows humor at this point.

There are incoherent mumblings that L9 has hardware insert delay compensation. I may make a break for it.

i spent last night on GS looking for this exact thing and it seems to be true......;)

peppertree 07-24-2009 09:24 AM

What I regret most of all is that Complete Extortion Toolkit. :mad:

danander11 07-24-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppertree (Post 1430856)
What I regret most of all is that Complete Extortion Toolkit. :mad:

+1.., Well, maybe not MOST of all... but up there. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY up there...