Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   How to delete old IO paths from track output selection (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=365699)

greenglassdrum 03-21-2015 12:03 PM

How to delete old IO paths from track output selection

My rig lost its IO settings I was using.
So I made new ones and got it working.
Now when I go to a track and press on output box, the old paths that I am not using,
(they are labeled as inactive or n/a,) are still there.
Can I remove those old paths?
Thanks

Drew Mazurek 03-21-2015 12:33 PM

Re: How to delete old IO paths from track output selection

Go to the I/O setup page/Buss Output page. Here you can manually deactivate them or just hit default and PT will map your internal outs to all available hardware outputs.

greenglassdrum 03-21-2015 01:25 PM

Thanks,
When I delete a path, it goes away in the IO set up. Gone.
However it still shows up as an option to select in Track Window output choice.
The one thing I noticed was I am using Sapphire Mix Control 3.5 that is really for Yosemite. I am not using Yosemite. I am Mac OS 10.7.5.
I should be using Mix Control 3.4.
I accidentally updated it.
Not sure how to go back to 3.4.
I have contacted Focusrite.
Thanks to all
scott

anothercolour 03-21-2015 01:35 PM

After deleting the unused outputs in the I/O settings, you might want to try selecting the new output on the track, saving, and then closing and quitting Pro Tools.

the hecksome 07-06-2016 09:29 AM

I'm having the same issue, the old outputs are still there, even when deleted from the i/o. Any other suggestions?

albee1952 07-06-2016 10:56 AM

Are you deleting from the Bus tab? That's where they should be removed from. when you open setup>IO and select the Bus tab, click on the right side column header(Mapping to Output) until all your output paths are listed in a row. all the inactive ones will be in italics. Select and delete from any/every session that shows them.

the hecksome 07-06-2016 01:03 PM

Genius! I've wondered how to do this for years. Thanks!

Matt Hepworth 07-06-2016 06:31 PM

I still can't wrap my head around why some current projects I run show all the other project's busses and others show a limited amount.

juniorexploder 07-24-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Hepworth (Post 2368480)
I still can't wrap my head around why some current projects I run show all the other project's busses and others show a limited amount.

Likewise. I cannot for the life of me figure out why previous paths (which I have manually deleted in I/O Setup) keep showing up in my "output" selection menus (albiet grayed-out and in italics)

ANYONE?

juniorexploder 07-24-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2368404)
Are you deleting from the Bus tab? That's where they should be removed from. when you open setup>IO and select the Bus tab, click on the right side column header(Mapping to Output) until all your output paths are listed in a row. all the inactive ones will be in italics. Select and delete from any/every session that shows them.

Are you saying that there is no "global" way to delete old/unused paths in I/O setup? If I'm reading your post correctly - I actually have to go thru each session individually and do this? I have tried saving and re-importing the I/O settings in the I/O setup - still shows about 100 previously deleted paths in "output".

My input & bus menu's seem to be cooperating with the manual path editing- however ALL output menus still show reams of ADAT's AES/EBU's, SPDIF which are not only not available- I've never had any ADA interface that did! (I am on a Burl MS via MADI currently- however in the past year I've used an Orion32, and Aurora16)