Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   11.2.1: Instrument Track delay compensation problem (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=357706)

rainsong 08-19-2014 09:32 PM

Re: 11.2.1: Instrument Track delay compensation problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intransit (Post 2179744)
I looks like it's not pushing the machine Inst track forward. Put a latency inducing plug on the Inst track… What happens?

I'm not an expert on why some tracks have a comp number and some don't. My test session has tracks without a comp number but it still sounds sync'd

I've been too busy with work to comprehensively test this further today…but it is definitely audibly out of sync (Maschine plays early) if I don't disable delay reporting on an Inst version of Maschine. Been working with it all day on an Aux track with no problems though.

When I get a chance, I'll try and suss this out further.

rainsong 08-19-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykhal c (Post 2179776)
FWIW...it's only the display reporting that's off...at least that's what i'm seein' in my testing. everything plays in sync when i test K5 or any other VI (so far).

<snip>
Quote:

Originally Posted by mykhal c (Post 2179776)
but i'm not seein'/hearin' any outta sync issues with this version to date...

Unfortunately this isn't the case for me. It's pretty obviously playing out of sync when using Maschine on an Instrument track. Turns into an absolute train wreck if I've got an audio track on record input.

I'm starting to think this may be an issue that's only happening with Maschine and not any other plugins (even the ones not visually reporting delay comp). That's the only thing that would explain the fact that no one else here is experiencing what I am.

mykhal c 08-19-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 2179796)
<snip>

Unfortunately this isn't the case for me. It's pretty obviously playing out of sync when using Maschine on an Instrument track. Turns into an absolute train wreck if I've got an audio track on record input.

I'm starting to think this may be an issue that's only happening with Maschine and not any other plugins (even the ones not visually reporting delay comp). That's the only thing that would explain the fact that no one else here is experiencing what I am.

understood...hope you can drill down on the cause...

damasio 08-20-2014 12:43 PM

I;m installing a new harddrive for 11.2.1 to run some tests. I don't want to mess with my current setup because i'm in the middle of a project.
But i do use maschine and Geist so i'll test it.

rainsong 08-20-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damasio (Post 2179946)
I;m installing a new harddrive for 11.2.1 to run some tests. I don't want to mess with my current setup because i'm in the middle of a project.
But i do use maschine and Geist so i'll test it.

I'd love to know if you experience the same issue.