Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Make this a sticky. MIDI Transpose bug. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411864)

Firechild 09-13-2020 01:55 AM

Make this a sticky. MIDI Transpose bug.

Please, make this a sticky.
Every time you transpose MIDI, Pro Tools sends out a MIDI Note On.
Whether it is drag in MIDI editor or a command with event operations.
Please fix that.
It is impossible to use MIDI with this "feature".
This must be so easy to fix it will take less than 30 seconds as it must be an instruction to send out a MIDI Note on after a transpose operation. Just delete that line in the code.

Southsidemusic 09-13-2020 03:42 AM

Re: Make this a sticky. MIDI Transpose bug.

Hi

Avid are aware of this since a way back and we will see a fix when they are done fixing it. Stickies are not for bug purposes but for fixes, tips and workaeounds Etc and announcements but not for bug reporting.

Will make sure Avid techs get the memo again though.

Geoff Grace 09-13-2020 08:56 AM

Do you happen to know whether they are also aware of the longstanding MIDI Event List editing problems? The last bug-free version was 2019.6.

Best,

Geoff

musicman691 09-13-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Grace (Post 2577767)
Do you happen to know whether they are also aware of the longstanding MIDI Event List editing problems? The last bug-free version was 2019.6.

Best,

Geoff

Avid is aware of the MIDI event list bugs. Their tech people were able to replicate the bug according to the support ticket(s) I raised with them last year. They gave no ETA on a possible fix. Sadly I doubt they are capable of fixing the bugs and even more sad that they don't care about fixing them.

As far as the subject of this thread I've noticed it but it doesn't bother me. I rather like that it sends out a note on as you then have some kind of confirmation that the operation actually happened (without having to look at the notes).

Geoff Grace 09-13-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2577770)
Avid is aware of the MIDI event list bugs. Their tech people were able to replicate the bug according to the support ticket(s) I raised with them last year. They gave no ETA on a possible fix. Sadly I doubt they are capable of fixing the bugs and even more sad that they don't care about fixing them.

Thanks for your reply, Jack. I'm glad for your confirmation that they're aware of the problem.

Sadly, I realize that creating awareness doesn't equate to creating a fix. I'll hope that your judgement that they aren't capable and don't care is wrong. Unfortunately, the evidence so far—one year down the road—only supports your conclusion.

Best,

Geoff

ibbod0 09-14-2020 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firechild (Post 2577759)
Please, make this a sticky.
Every time you transpose MIDI, Pro Tools sends out a MIDI Note On.
Whether it is drag in MIDI editor or a command with event operations.
Please fix that.
It is impossible to use MIDI with this "feature".
This must be so easy to fix it will take less than 30 seconds as it must be an instruction to send out a MIDI Note on after a transpose operation. Just delete that line in the code.

did you try clicking this button in the attached image? does that not do what you want?

daeron80 09-14-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibbod0 (Post 2577813)
did you try clicking this button in the attached image? does that not do what you want?

It does - it turns off all editing feedback, though, which may or may not be desirable. I'd go crazy without that feature enabled, and am amused that someone considers it a bug. I'm quite sure it's not, actually. A bug is not a feature that bugs you, it's an unintended consequence of the programming.