Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   ProTools 12.4 Multiple Errors....help! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388890)

bspaceman 02-14-2017 10:49 PM

ProTools 12.4 Multiple Errors....help!

Hey folks,

This may have been covered, though I did a search and could find very little here.

I am receiving multiple errors when attempting to launch ProTools 12.4 on my macbook pro.. These errors include:

"Could not create the TCE plug-in's factory default file because the plug-in doesn't support the current sample rate".

"Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158347/ProTools/DFW/Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1624".

The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 0 kHz.

Additionally, my MBox Pro III is not being recognized byProTools.

I am running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6, which is supposed to be supported, on my mid 2014 13' retina MacBook Pro. 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 16000 Mhz DDR3 ram.

I just checked and this is what I see under "Thunderbolt":

Vendor Name: Apple Inc.
Device Name: MacBook Pro
UID: 0x0001000F07D6C490
Route String: 0
Firmware Version: 17.2
Domain UUID: 781410B8-CC83-DF53-BFC4-2A386D00FC64
Port:
Link Status: 0x7
Speed: Up to 20 Gb/s x1
Current Link Width: 0x1
Receptacle: 1
Link Controller Firmware Version: 0.11.0
Port:
Link Status: 0x7
Speed: Up to 20 Gb/s x1
Current Link Width: 0x1
Receptacle: 2
Link Controller Firmware Version: 0.11.0

I have a firewire to apple OEM thunderbolt adapter running from my black OEM cable to my computer. Is it possible this could be the issue? i see no damage to either cable.

I tried trashing audio core plug-ins and protools preferences to no avail.

I have the MBox Pro Preference panel open and I can see that I have package 1.3.5 but there is nothing showing for firmware. I reinstalled the latest driver from the link here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/D...ox-Pro-Drivers

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
B

junkgear 02-16-2017 09:44 AM

Re: ProTools 12.4 Multiple Errors....help!

Try holding down the N key while PT is loading. This will allow you to re-select your interface for the Playback Engine. After selecting your interface, I would recommend going into the I/O settings and default your inputs, outputs and busses.

bspaceman 02-16-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkgear (Post 2412973)
Try holding down the N key while PT is loading. This will allow you to re-select your interface for the Playback Engine. After selecting your interface, I would recommend going into the I/O settings and default your inputs, outputs and busses.

Thanks for your reply.

I have done that and it's still not showing. I've restarted, held N a few times to no avail.

I can hear my computer and iTubes through the interface though, just Protools software isn't recognizing the device.

Top Jimmy 02-16-2017 02:08 PM

ProTools 12.4 Multiple Errors....help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspaceman (Post 2413013)
Thanks for your reply.

I have done that and it's still not showing. I've restarted, held N a few times to no avail.

I can hear my computer and iTubes through the interface though, just Protools software isn't recognizing the device.

What happens if you switch the MacBook to its internal audio ins/outs and only use the Mbox for Pro Tools?

bspaceman 02-16-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2413015)
What happens if you switch the MacBook to its internal audio ins/outs and only use the Mbox for Pro Tools?

Thats just it. The computer isn't seeing the MBox at all. in my Audio MIDI set up it shows Built-in Mic, Built-in Output and Pro Tools Aggregate I/O. The PT Agg has 0 in/0 out and says "no Devices in Aggregate. I just did a clean install of Pro Tools 12.5 and still nothing, same errors.

I'd really like to get to working again. This is beyond frustrating.

Top Jimmy 02-17-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bspaceman (Post 2413090)
Thats just it. The computer isn't seeing the MBox at all. in my Audio MIDI set up it shows Built-in Mic, Built-in Output and Pro Tools Aggregate I/O. The PT Agg has 0 in/0 out and says "no Devices in Aggregate. I just did a clean install of Pro Tools 12.5 and still nothing, same errors.

I'd really like to get to working again. This is beyond frustrating.

Any chance you mistakenly installed the Mbox driver and not the Mbox Pro Driver?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ox-Pro-Drivers

Top Jimmy 02-17-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2413098)
Any chance you mistakenly installed the Mbox driver and not the Mbox Pro Driver?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ox-Pro-Drivers

Nevermind. I see you have the right link in your original post.

Try to find a way to test the thunderbolt-firewire adapter. Maybe see if it works with a firewire drive or something. This should help determine if it is working or faulty.

bspaceman 02-17-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2413100)
Nevermind. I see you have the right link in your original post.

Try to find a way to test the thunderbolt-firewire adapter. Maybe see if it works with a firewire drive or something. This should help determine if it is working or faulty.

I will certainly see what I can find.

I should also mention that upon checking my Avid CoreAudio Manager I see the following:

Avid HW: Unsupported Device
Channels: N/A
Buffer Size: 512 (Greyed out)

bspaceman 11-01-2017 11:42 PM

Just wanted to updated this from a long while ago. It was my adapter cable. Once I replaced it, everything was all good. Just thought I would help in case others experience this in the future.

TOM@METRO 11-02-2017 08:05 AM

Thanks for the update.