Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Pro Tools novice lost! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=284742)

Maddern 10-25-2010 01:06 AM

Pro Tools novice lost!

Hi Folks,

I've recently moved over from Cakewalk and am trying to get to grips with a basic version of Pro Tools (Essential)... it's like being a complete novice again, as the simplest things I used to do are taking me quite some time to do... I know, once you get to know things it'll get easier... in any case, this is my problem... I'm opening a new session, but only the mix window appears, the rest just doesn't appear... I've tried all sorts to figure where to find the rest of Pro Tools, and I know it must be very easy to do, but do you think I can find how :confused:... I can see Pro Tools in the tool bar at the top of the screen, but cannot see where to find the display setting?? Can somebody kindly assist me out of this rather embarrising lost situation.

Thanks!

mhelm01 10-25-2010 05:28 AM

Re: Pro Tools novice lost!

Hit command =. This should toggle the view. Also, if you are having issues learning, might I suggest reading the manual. It's long but worth it.

Maddern 10-27-2010 10:39 AM

Hi,

Thanks for that bit of easy advice.... I'll ive it a shot. As for my manual, what manual? I bought it bundled with an M-Audio Fast Track, and the instructions were just a quick start sleeve... if you know of any links where I can find a manual to go through that would be great, otherwise I'll try and Google for something... in any case, thanks again.:-)

mhelm01 10-27-2010 11:26 AM

You are welcome! Here is the Reference Guide. Have fun!

Maddern 11-03-2010 06:38 AM

Hi eveyone out there in Pro Tools land... well, I'm finally getting through quite a bit with this great software... however, I've come up against a hitch... I can't seem to convert Pro Tools software in WAV files? Is this because I'm using Essential?? Or is there something I'm missing?:confused:

Thanks

Cameron M 12-01-2010 02:42 PM

Video Tutorial: Pro Tools M-Powered Essential Installation Guide - Windows
- Installing the drivers for the included M-Audio USB Audio Device
- Installing Pro Tools M-Powered Essential Software
- Launching Pro Tools

Pro Tools KeyStudio Getting Started Guide
- Creating & Navigating a Session in Pro Tools
- Adding loops
- Recording with Structure Essential & the KeyStudio 49 keyboard
- Recording Audio with USB Micro