Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PT LE control surface (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=184413)

ziggy_me 12-15-2006 03:32 AM

PT LE control surface

Hi,
Right until now, I was using a novation x-station as a control surface for PT 7.1.1. However, after the 7.3 upgrade, my system isn't recognizing the CS10 dll file that was previously used. Does anyone know of a way I can put my x-station to work? I really like it as a control surface for both pro tools and software instruments. If that's impossible, what other sugestions do you have for a new control surface (mackie control?, command8?...)

Thanks,

Luis

aip 12-15-2006 04:10 AM

Re: PT LE control surface

ziggy_me,
I have a similar complaint since PT7, and have never gotten a clear response. PT used to allow the Penny&Giles DC-16 as a controller, that worked perfectly for all aspects of a session. Then it was dropped, but it could be somewhat adapted using the CS-10 profile, but in a very minimal manner. Now it's dropped completely, I guess.
Since the Penny&Giles DC-16 is totally programmable, and can send strings, etc., is there someone here who knows if it is possible to reconfigure it to PT7 - that is, to give it a MIDI controller profile that allows transport, faders, insert controls and the whole shebang?
Any help GREATLY appreciated!
aip

bigbubbaj 12-15-2006 10:47 AM

My CM Labs MotorMix still works great and is still officially supported.

Sometimes you can grab the drivers off an old install and put them in the proper folders...

Its worth a shot.

aip 12-16-2006 03:15 AM

big bubbaj,
I have tried that in the past, with no success, but will try again when I install 7.3. For the moment I'm on 7.0, since I had a big project to finish, and couldn't risk any possible conflicts.
Thanks for your reply!
If anyone can direct me to a clear explanation of the MIDI controller profiles - and possibly a way to program my Penny&Giles DC-16 to function perfectly with PT7, I would greatly appreciate it.
aip

dubhausdisco1 12-16-2006 05:35 PM

It's unfortunate that you have not listed your setup in your profile... the 002 (NOT the 002r, which is a poor man's HD) is a SUPERB control surface for LE...........

aip 12-17-2006 03:30 AM

dubhausdisco1,
Thanks for the reply. My setup is a bit too big to go into all the details, but breifly: several keyboards, using the K2500 as the main kb, since it has a bank of faders and buttons, several sound modules on a MIDI patchbay, a G5 2x2G with 2.5G RAM, NI R5,K2,Spektral Delay, Melodyne,... and several outboard tools Drawmer 1960, Penny & Giles PP-10,... etc,...
But I think you may have missed the point of my question. My Penny & Giles DC16 used to be a fully accepted MIDI controller for PT6, working for transport, mix, FX and all. It still works like a champ for all my softs and is totally programmable and very good as an interface, positioned to the left of my K2500, allowing any fiddling in real time that I need. I have no need for the DIGI 002,(unless you would like to send it to me for Christmas!), and would simply like to regain the full compatibility I once had with my PT6 & P&G DC-16.
Thanks again for your suggestion.
aip

kRokksOn 12-18-2006 09:56 AM

Have you tried contacting your respective hardware manufacturers for updates on drivers?

I´m using command8 myself so I´ve never run into any problems with controllers (thank goodness).

Good luck.

spkguitar 12-18-2006 10:03 AM

I believe there are new Legacy MIDI Controllers, including the cs-10 driver, for 7.3 on this page.

aip 12-19-2006 06:04 AM

First, ziggy_me, sorry if I hijacked your thread, but some of the answers are valid for many of us.
Second, thanks to all who have answered my questions. The P&G DC16 was discontinued long ago, so there are probably no new drivers, although I'll contact them to find out. The CS-10 template is only a pale reflection of the power of the DC-16, so is less interesting to me.
Third, and possibly the most important - does anyone know how to program a MIDI controller (any MIDI controller) to take full advantage of PT7? The DC-16 is FULLY programmable, so I still hope to get it back into service with PT.
Thanks again to all, and have a good Holiday season.
aip