Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   The Drum Room (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   EZdrummer-routing tracks in pro tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=256283)

Luke K 10-07-2009 12:03 AM

EZdrummer-routing tracks in pro tools

hi,

I have been fiddling around with EZdrummer trying to get the drum tracks into separate tracks in pro tools but with no success..
So far all i can get out as a separate track is the kick
can anyone help?

Luke K

abt 10-07-2009 12:25 AM

Re: EZdrummer-routing tracks in pro tools

The same way as any VI. ;)

- Set the output of the VI to a bus eg Bus 3-4
- Create a new audio track
- Assign the input of the new audio track to the afore mentioned bus eg bus 3-4
- Record enable the new track
- Hit record

The trick with EZdrummer is to open the Ezdrummer mixer and solo each component one at a time repeating the above until you've got the tracks you need.

Luke K 10-07-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abt (Post 1474073)
The same way as any VI. ;)

- Set the output of the VI to a bus eg Bus 3-4
- Create a new audio track
- Assign the input of the new audio track to the afore mentioned bus eg bus 3-4
- Record enable the new track
- Hit record

The trick with EZdrummer is to open the Ezdrummer mixer and solo each component one at a time repeating the above until you've got the tracks you need.

Ah! I was trying to assign all at one time but it would not work..so i need to do it 1 by one then? Im pretty sure one of the features somehow was to be able to do it in multiples...Might have to jump on toontrackforums..
Thanks,
Luke K

Stig Eliassen 10-07-2009 04:45 AM

You can do them all at once. Each kit piece can have its own output from EZD.

jmitchell1532 10-07-2009 07:55 AM

The whole "solo each track" also works with BFD Lite.

albee1952 10-07-2009 12:12 PM

Just go into the ezdrummer mixer window and select the "TRACK", then create the stereo aux tracks in your PT session and set the inputs for the ezdrummer TRACKS. Once you get that setup, save the ezdrummer config as a preset. I have several, including kits with and without cymbals(if the drummer uses real brass). The "no cymbals" presets load really fast.

abt 10-07-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Ah! I was trying to assign all at one time but it would not work..so i need to do it 1 by one then? Im pretty sure one of the features somehow was to be able to do it in multiples...Might have to jump on toontrackforums..
Yeah, you're supposed to be able to do them all at once but I couldn't get it to work. Just do them one at a time, it's easy and doesn't take that long.

Whiteyguitar 10-18-2009 07:59 AM

You can set up the individual outs in one shot, open the EZ Drummer Mixer and on the bottom of every Piece it should say track 1, click on the 1st one and choose Multi and all should go to it's own track. Then Go into PT and Add 8 new Tracks and on the inputs you pick the EZD Plugin, The only thing is EZD only assigns from 2 to 8 so the Kick drum will stay as a VI so you either have to route that thru a Buss or wait till you've tracked the other parts and go back an reassign the Kick to track 2 to 8 which ever one you want to use.
Good luck, it's easier than it sounds......

Luke K 11-19-2009 07:27 PM

I tried that...had all of the tracks from ez drummer routed into imputs (via the plugin bus) but when i record enabled them and tried to record the drum tracks into them i go no sound and no signal?
As far as i can tell im doing it right....any ideas?

nod25 11-19-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteyguitar (Post 1480542)
The only thing is EZD only assigns from 2 to 8 so the Kick drum will stay as a VI so you either have to route that thru a Buss or wait till you've tracked the other parts and go back an reassign the Kick to track 2 to 8 which ever one you want to use.

PITA :rolleyes: