Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fatal error message with Elastic Audio (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=246401)

timtimtim 05-19-2009 06:43 AM

Fatal error message with Elastic Audio

I really do like this elastic thing. And work a lot with it. If it works.
Sometimes the party is over soon or won't even start.
There appears this sophisticated popup error message instead:

Could not complete the Quantize command because Assertion in /Volumes/Development/vb_protools_8.0_cpr_2/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/
FileFormat/MacBuild/../FF/Audio/Elastic/FF_PacketStream.cpp", line3085

Oh, er, yes, good to know.
Up to now, I didn't find out how to react and get Elastic Time going again as any operation is blocked. 'Close/open', 'Save as', won't help. Sometimes it helps to create a new audio-file from the stream I worked on. Funny this bug appears in approximately 3 from 10 identical songs, I can't figure out any rule.
Any suggestions?

DigiTechSupt 05-19-2009 11:41 AM

Re: Fatal error message with Elastic Audio

Typically random assertion errors are caused by corrupt databases. You can find info on how to trash them, so they can be rebuilt, in the General Troubleshooting thread.

DigiTechSupt 05-19-2009 12:44 PM

Actually, now that I got some feedback from engineering on this, it's unlikely to be caused by corrupted databases.

Would it be possible to get the session file and audio file that this is occurring with?

If so, please upload it using a free file hosting service and send the download link to: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com. Include the thread number (246401) in the subject of the message.

timtimtim 05-20-2009 03:54 AM

Dear Support:
More news:
This error message is generated only in polyphonic mode.

And it happens, when you modify the length of the stream in elastic mode.
I guess, changing length irritates the program to find right addresses.
For me it's kind of slowing down the flow, as I have to flip constantly from elastic mode to normal and back. (And wait for rendering to and fro.)

Anyway there is some other bug in elastic:
in any elastic mode there will be a breakdown when you change playbacks start point.
Chose new location - play - ball of boredom - out! Yesterday it happened about 18 times in 4 hours. Every time after a breakdown I send this report to Apple. Do they transfer these protocols to you?

I try to send you the mentioned files you asked for.
Thanks

DigiTechSupt 05-20-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timtimtim (Post 1400730)
Every time after a breakdown I send this report to Apple. Do they transfer these protocols to you?

No, they don't.

Quote:

I try to send you the mentioned files you asked for.
Thanks
That's what we'll need to get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks!