Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Too Frightened to Install 11.3 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=362208)

100grit 12-22-2014 03:51 PM

Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Just bought the upgrade from PT10. I'm about to finish my 9-song record (has to be done Dec 31, 2014) but am very concerned that everything will mess up if I install right now, meaning, losing active plugins, non smooth install etc. Maybe I should mix/master 100% save as WAV files and then install 11.3? Help!!!

priorytools 12-22-2014 04:00 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Do you need to go to 11 to finish the project ?
If not… don't… finish project, then make the move at you leisure :-)

100grit 12-22-2014 04:24 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
I don't need 11 to finish this project. I just wanted to see if 11 offered anything sonically to my existing PT10 sessions.....:D

noiseboyuk 12-22-2014 04:59 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by priorytools (Post 2214517)
Do you need to go to 11 to finish the project ?
If not… don't… finish project, then make the move at you leisure :-)

Absolutely. PT11's advantages are really workflow-based anyway. Concentrate on the album, not on tech nightmares. You can have those on Jan 1st...

writeroxie 12-22-2014 05:44 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Don't do it! :D

100grit 12-22-2014 07:43 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
anyone wanna hear a short clip of one song?

wpawley 12-22-2014 07:45 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Sure, I'd love to hear some.

Eric Lambert 12-22-2014 07:46 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 100grit (Post 2214522)
I don't need 11 to finish this project. I just wanted to see if 11 offered anything sonically to my existing PT10 sessions.....:D

Nope, no sonic advantage to 11. Stick with 10 until the mission critical workload is done, then upgrade when you have time to risk a few bumps in the road - there probably will be bumps.

Silent Sentinel 12-26-2014 01:31 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
I'm in the exact same boat (though my project can run into January or Feb). Was considering making the purchase and then waiting until after the album was done to install. Glad to hear I'm not the only one w/ the jitters...

Question though (when I get around to doing the PT11 install), if I'm already running PT10, can my existing install run alongside with PT11, or do I have to uninstall my current PT10 and install the the PT10/PT11 upgrade? I'm guessing the latter, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
~ Mark

Benoni 12-26-2014 01:38 PM

Re: Too Frightened to Install 11.3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Sentinel (Post 2215552)
I'm in the exact same boat (though my project can run into January or Feb). Was considering making the purchase and then waiting until after the album was done to install. Glad to hear I'm not the only one w/ the jitters...

Question though (when I get around to doing the PT11 install), if I'm already running PT10, can my existing install run alongside with PT11, or do I have to uninstall my current PT10 and install the the PT10/PT11 upgrade? I'm guessing the latter, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
~ Mark

You should be able to leave your current install of PT10. Here is the approved Co-Install page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ll-Information


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com