Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Layouts not saving to PT sessions (yes another thread) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=400531)

austinStudioHouse 08-08-2018 04:04 PM

Layouts not saving to PT sessions (yes another thread)

I am loosing my mind. I cannot get layouts to save to protools sessions. There have been a few threads dedicated to this here and I've followed everything and cannot get it to work. I have the prefs all set and the little star is on PT in the WS section.

I can't try the session with saved data trick Eddie put out because the file is not there anymore. Besides, I have sessions already done I need to get working.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm on all the latest software.

creativecontrol 08-09-2018 05:59 AM

Re: Layouts not saving to PT sessions (yes another thread)

Greetings,

I would first ask what the history is? Have you been on 18.3x244 and PT 2018.4 for several months and have you previously been able to transport the surface data with the session files? Do you ever use Title file instead of or in combination with? Feel free to send me an example file if you'd like as a personal message and we can get to the bottom of it.

best,

Jeff

austinStudioHouse 08-09-2018 04:41 PM

Jeff,

Thank you for the response which has enabled me to fix my problem. I was on 18.3.0.227 which was not the latest version. I have confirmed that I am now able to save layouts. Wonderful.

Now, how could I have known there was a "DOT" release of 18.3.0 without downloading the linked file in my products section? Nothing indicates there was a build newer than what I have except the actual file name, but you don't see that unless you really go looking for it. I never received an email or anything telling me there was a newer build. I don't see an announcement here either. Am I missing something, am I blind? Which is all entirely possible. I would really like to know because this wasted a ton of time and I thought I had done everything right.

creativecontrol 08-10-2018 07:12 AM

Glad you got it working. I'm going to defer to Eddie on this one as I don't know all the details. I do know there were last minute critical bugs found and they chose to do a software revision. You are correct that depending on when you downloaded from your Avid account you could have gotten one of a few different versions. Version 18.3.0.244 is the current final and recommended version of WSControl.

best,

Jeff

EddieJones 08-13-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinStudioHouse (Post 2496488)
Now, how could I have known there was a "DOT" release of 18.3.0 without downloading the linked file in my products section?

Sorry this was a mistake in the last release. We thought we had swapped out the bad files before too many people had downloaded it.

mixpro 08-20-2019 11:05 AM

Hi guys,
1. As far as I can tell there's no way to tell what is the currently loaded S6 Title, and therefore what Title is being updated when I choose 'Save' from the Master screen. It's not highlighted on the Load or Save page, and not displayed anywhere else I can see. I'd like to request:
1. The current S6 Title be highlighted in the Load/Save page;
2. the current S6 Title be visible on the Master display wherever possible, for example at the top of the Tracks page.

We're on S6/M40, 18.3, PT 2018.10 but I saw no mention of this as being updated in "what's new in S6 Version 19.7"

Also please point me to a solid explanation of how stored Layouts overlap between PT Session files and S6 Titles. Titles seem to have precedence?
thanks.