Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Probably a very noob question... Assertion line 1624 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391476)

dubpmogly 05-31-2017 07:32 PM

Probably a very noob question... Assertion line 1624

i used to have pro tools nine with a little fast track box.....stopped working when i upgraded to yosemite.....trying pt first for the first time and after installation gives me this msg when trying to open a session

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158351/ProTools/DFW/Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1624.

also prompted something about playback engine 44.1 khz or something.....

any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies ahead of time if this is a stupid question....

musicman691 06-01-2017 03:52 AM

Re: Probably a very noob question.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubpmogly (Post 2433170)
i used to have pro tools nine with a little fast track box.....stopped working when i upgraded to yosemite.....trying pt first for the first time and after installation gives me this msg when trying to open a session

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158351/ProTools/DFW/Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1624.

also prompted something about playback engine 44.1 khz or something.....

any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies ahead of time if this is a stupid question....

There's no such thing as a stupid question. Having system info would help - you give us none other than running some version of Yosemite. To save time a lot of people put their system specs in their profile with a note in their sig file to that effect.

Try holding down the 'n' key on your computer as PT starts up. You should be able to select your audio interface (whatever that is).

dubpmogly 06-01-2017 04:51 AM

thanx for the response.....sadly holding "n" had no effect....also im currently running on a mac os10 10.9.5....dont really know what my audio interface is...not at all tech savy.....i use a little m audio box to plug in my mic....all it says is maudio fast track.....bought a little pro tools se package back in the day......then upgraded a little later to pro tools nine.....but yeah all that stopped working after i upgraded my mac......so i actually re installed or re started or wiped my computer clean to get back to the old os....but couldnt find the og installation disks for my pro tools....now i was just trying to give pro tools first a try to no avail.....again only gives this msg....was just wondering if my "fast track " is just completely incompatible or am i missing something simple

musicman691 06-01-2017 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubpmogly (Post 2433218)
thanx for the response.....sadly holding "n" had no effect....also im currently running on a mac os10 10.9.5....dont really know what my audio interface is...not at all tech savy.....i use a little m audio box to plug in my mic....all it says is maudio fast track.....bought a little pro tools se package back in the day......then upgraded a little later to pro tools nine.....but yeah all that stopped working after i upgraded my mac......so i actually re installed or re started or wiped my computer clean to get back to the old os....but couldnt find the og installation disks for my pro tools....now i was just trying to give pro tools first a try to no avail.....again only gives this msg....was just wondering if my "fast track " is just completely incompatible or am i missing something simple

That MBox IS your audio interface.

Not being tech savvy is making you your own worst enemy. You really need to either get smart and learn about Macs and computers in general or get someone to help you. We need to know EVERYTHING about your system to even begin to help.

DannyB_KY 06-29-2017 03:45 PM

As a mac user, I highly recommend you upgrade your OS to Sierra.

Click on the Apple in the upper left corner. Click on "About this Mac" and that will tell you about your Mac. What processor, what OS version, how much RAM you have, ect.

musicman691 06-30-2017 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyB_KY (Post 2438297)
As a mac user, I highly recommend you upgrade your OS to Sierra.

Click on the Apple in the upper left corner. Click on "About this Mac" and that will tell you about your Mac. What processor, what OS version, how much RAM you have, ect.

That won't necessarily help cure the problem. What is happening isn't an OSX problem itself and the poster not being tech savvy isn't helping things.

BTW - got a bottle of Mr. Beam's finest out in the kitchen - nice stuff.

platonicbomb 07-13-2017 11:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I'll tell you what this pertains to, as I am having the same problem. Here is a series of screenshots that show what I see when I open Pro-Tools First:

Macbook air 2012
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
8GB RAM i5 CPU
Pro Tools First
Scarlett Solo
Audio Technica AT2035

platonicbomb 07-13-2017 11:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and a few more screenshots:

platonicbomb 07-13-2017 11:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
And the way I solve the problem is to plug my Scarlett Solo into the USB on the LEFT side of my computer instead of on the RIGHT side. And the problem goes away. Which is about the lamest thing in the world, for Avid to send me on such an effing goose-chase instead of saying "we're not compatible with your right USB port, switch to the left please".

But so it goes. Here are fresh screenshots. Note that system in/out is my Boom device, and hardware engine is Scarlett Solo.

huzzam 08-02-2017 04:27 AM

Just to be sure: have you installed the drivers for your FastTrack? Try searching google for "m-audio fasttrack drivers mac" and follow the instructions. if you don't have your drivers installed, Pro Tools won't be able to find the audio interface (the Fast Track).